How Hard Is It To Change MOS?
Create Post

How Hard Is It To Change MOS?

Hey Marines. So my MOS is going to be Aviation Electronics Technician. (I say going to be because the request is already FAXed to MEPs but it's not in the system yet) But i am aware that after 2 years of service in your specific MOS you can make an mos change. Now, the MOS i would like to change it to later on would be Intel. I scored a 73 on my ASVAB and so i have these jobs available. But is it hard to make an mos change? Or is it hard to change into Intel specifically? Give me your thoughts please. It would be of great help.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    To change MOS after two-years will almost certainly require a re-enlistment. As an avionics tech, your unit may not be thrilled to do that at the two-year mark.

Why don't you go into Intel straight up instead of back dooring the thing.

Go for it now, if they say no, then oh well. Lat moves after 2 years don't happen, ever. Per the Marine Corps Order yes the policy is 2 years, but that never happens. Expect to do an entire enlistment in your same MOS unless you get dropped from school. Even then there's no guarantee you will be able to even re-enlist, let alone lat move.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    in your other thread you said you wanted to make this a long term thing??....here you want to lat move/change MOS's.

like i said before how about you graduate from HS, get to and graduate from boot camp before you start making any long term decisions that you may or may not have any control over anyway

The lat move would be about time for re-enlistment ) so if you end up as an Aviation Electrician you would have to wait as the schooling is close to a year long plus aviation is normally a 5 year deal due to the long school and your best bet to do it would be at re-enlistment. If you did want to lat move nobody can really stop you, but of course you would have to qualify for the MOS first.

Thread Information