Tmo
Create Post

Thread: Tmo

Tmo

will TMO move you after school, to your next duty station and what is the weight limit?

I'm thinking, and from my experience in the past -- that it all depends on all those variables???? Like your rank, marital status, and a bunch of other things I can't remember right now. I'm probably not helping you much, but my point is I do not think it's a black and white answer. I think it depends on a bunch of things is what I am getting at.

I am sure somebody else will help you more than me.

Good luck -- where you going?

Same thing. From experience, I would say usually, yes. Weight restrictions depends on whether going overseas, also. I asked for a waiver once of that and received it. I would think you should be able to find out this information from your command. You should have a TMO office. You can also do DITY if CONUS. They pay you a percentage of the savings.

Here's a site with some info: http://usmclife.com/info/moving/

Is this your first permanent duty station? You might be responsible for your move if it's your first PDS. I didn't need TMO to move anything for me until I was a seasoned sergeant.

not for me,it's for my son.it's been soooo long want to try and get him the right info. oh yeah see I forgot about a DITY move. thanks you guys.....

From memory, TMO will do a household goods move to your son's first duty station. As a single Marine in the barracks, the weight limit is significantly less than if he were married. I don't have specifics on hand but as others have mentioned, if your son contacts TMO, they should be able to point him toward the requisite paperwork.

The seabag drag...

Thanks for all the info. Yes he will married by his first PCS move, does anyone know if they still do DITY moves? And I'm sure he will get in touch with TMO at his first chance. Thanks anyway.

Yes, they do DITY moves, and partial DITY moves as well. The weight limit of one's household goods has nothing to do with where they are living (barracks, apartment out in town, etc.); it has to do with his rank and marital and/or dependent status. There are other things he may or may not rate such as Dislocation Allowance (DLA) or Temporary Lodging Assistance (TLA). DLA is managed by the Installation Personnel Administration Center (IPAC) on the base/station he's assigned to and will be reconciled by the IPAC where he's going next. TLA is managed by either the IPAC or housing office where he is going next, or a combination thereof. There are many variables, but the bottom line is that he should contact the IPAC and DMO/TMO office where he is currently assigned and go from there.

The bible for all of this is the Joint Federal Travel Regulations (JFTR) which you can find on the internet. It's a bear to read/decipher, but it does list everything that one may or may not rate during a PCS move. Understanding what you're doing and what you rate is a good thing, and although his lack of experience may preclude him from understanding everything in the regulation, it will at least provide him with some awareness and maybe some questions to ask.

Thread Information