You know you love the Marine Corps when... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gunny if this was facebook i would double like that

You notice the little mistakes in movies that portray Marines. Like what would a Texan have been doing in PI in FMJ? Or in A Few Good Men, Marines saluting indoors while not under arms.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I agree entirely,
    the thing that really bugs me most about holy-weird is this one thing,
    well maybe two things,
    we lived it long before they ever thought about filming it,
    then they do the movie and the sloppy research and use a lot
    of the sayings and calls and cadance and odd little things we used
    to use being in the Corp for real,
    then the next time you use it all the morons think your quoteing
    the flucking movie version of FMJ or some other celulose crappola,
    I freaking cant stand that ****z,
    its like the bumper sticker that says I was a
    real Marine before they went queer,
    the second thing especially now,
    is the fact that they portray firefights and gun battles
    with such a flagrant use for artistic license its almost unbelievable,
    for example,
    take a gander right off the top of my head at the movie "The Matrix"
    reeves is using a 9mm machine pistol,
    but what do you see hitting the floor,
    rifle rounds,
    no ****z are you kidding me,
    who the hell they got for military guidence on these flicks,
    cause I know they always have them peeps in the credits,
    so who is the moron they got giving them military guidence
    and not saying hey wait a minute people arent stupid
    they're going to notice the fact that your shooting a million
    rounds of 9mm but showing 308, or 223 shells hitting the floor,
    WTF??? kills me all the time.....

When I went from doing one weekend a month and two weeks during July, I went
    active, leaving a nice desk job, driving the old man around, running to the Naval base to pick up people getting out of jail or dropping off papers to being treated like a dirt by a officer in my unit. Man, I enjoyed getting up and going to work every day, putting on my BDU's pressed my boots shining, feeling good and looking good. To I got in the office and turned the radio on that was on my desk. Than I hear boy turn that nigga **** off and put on some country you know this isn't the bunk house were you people play that loud sorry music all loud all night. By the time the Company Gunny got in I be mad as hell, and he say Harvey, lets take a walk. By the time we got back I was proud to be in that unit, what I was during and what I had to do before the day was done. One morning Gunny was in before I got in and asked me to come with him, the xo had charged me with failure to obey a order, cause the radio was on and playing and he just knew that I had been in and turned it on, made the coffee and left for breakfast. When the co advised me of the charges of failure to obey orders, I asked when was the order given and asked if I could get something out of my desk, I was walked back by gunny and returned, I asked the co if I could play a tape of that morning. He advised me that I could. When the tape finish, the co had turned three different colors of red and asked me and gunny to leave his office. Man there was a lot of yelling going on in that office and after which the xo walked out and said I got your number your days are short. All week long he watched me like a hawk and every little thing I did was check by him over and over again. That night while he was duty officer, red cross had called that I was needed home because my great grandfather had pass who had just turned a 102, when I got the message was the next day from a PFC who was the duty driver. I want to the gunny and advised him of it and he want asked the xo, the xo said their was no such message. Mean while the co noticed that something was wrong and asked, by which time the gunny informed him, he advised us to call red cross and get the information. I was glad that in the C.O.'s eyes I was a good Marine, that made me feel real good, that he knew the type of person I was. When gunny got the information, the co said see what time you can get out and asked other Marine to type up my leave papers for seven days. After he had signed them he left on leave himself.... This is were things got crazy. The morning I was to leave, the papers were not in the basket and the C.O. was gone and the X.O. was laughing his ass off. I asked if I could speak to him and was told no.... So I requested mask to someone over his head, was advised the buck stopped with him and I wasn't going home because I didn't live in the same house with the man and he wasn't my mother or father if I even had one of them, cause most nigga's don't have either or one is on drugs or a hoe. Gunny told me to take a walk, by the time I got to the barracks the MP's were their to place me under arrest cause I had pushed the X.O. the shame of it all was I had not done it yet. We want back to the office and I was told to sign the charges or go to jail and be discharged from the Marines. Gunny, told me to keep my mouth shut. At the end of the day, gunny told me to get my butt to the airport he take care of me till I got back and to be back in seven days like the captain had said. I said yes sir and was gone. Guys the morning of the funeral, just before we left the house to go to the church the FBI was at the house saying I was AWOL, I was mad as hell, I want with them, they took me to the ship yard and turned me over to the MP's and told them I was preparing to go to a funeral when they arrived dressed as I was in front of them, the 1st Sgt. told me to return to the unit by 0700 the next day handed me a ticket and had me taken to the airport. When I arrived back at the unit, my locker was cleaned out, so I want to the company office, the company gunny said he was sorry and the XO told other Marine to place me in handcuff's. A few minutes later the company C.O. walked in and asked why I was in handcuff's and the company gunny told me what happen. I was taken in the Captains office with the X.O. and gunny. It turned in to a yelling match, than he pushed me calling me everything put a child of God, and I lost it and hit him..... I very PROUD TO HAVE SERVED IN THE UNITED STATES MARINE CROPS and am very very glad to say am a MARINE. I LOVE IT, AND GUESS WHAT, I'LL BE A MARINE TO I DIE......

When people complain about the heat, you think of the Marines deployed overseas or stationed in bases in hotter areas like 29 Palms and say, "Buddy, you don't know what heat is."

Thread Information