A couple waiver questions?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

A couple waiver questions?

I talked to a recruiter friday and am starting the process to enlist and am going to need 3 waivers unfortunetly. 1 becuase im married with a child, 1 because of some speeding tickets several years ago both of which my recruiter told me wouldnt be a major issue. However i have a tattoo on my right forearm that is with in the 2" requirement from my wrist. My recruiter talked to his CO and said they have aprroved a couple waivers lately for this situation but it will be tough. My question is there anything else i can do to help my chances to enlist as a Marine like character references or will those have no effect on my waivers at all?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrus View Post
    I talked to a recruiter friday and am starting the process to enlist and am going to need 3 waivers unfortunetly. 1 becuase im married with a child, 1 because of some speeding tickets several years ago both of which my recruiter told me wouldnt be a major issue. However i have a tattoo on my right forearm that is with in the 2" requirement from my wrist. My recruiter talked to his CO and said they have aprroved a couple waivers lately for this situation but it will be tough. My question is there anything else i can do to help my chances to enlist as a Marine like character references or will those have no effect on my waivers at all?
    References will have no effect on the waiver process at all, particularly the dependency and tattoo issues. It's a plus that the recruiter is going to bat for you on three waivers.

There is no allowance in the system for submitting character references.

Each recruiting district has an Operations Officer (typically a Chief Warrant Officer). This is the individual who will review your waiver package from your recruiter's CO and make a decision based on the CO's recommendation and current manpower requirements. In todays environment, waivers are becoming more-and-more difficult to get approved simply because there are more than enough applicants out there who do not need one to begin with. One waiver is tough enough but asking for 3 is like asking for a miracle. But, no harm in asking.

Good luck and come back and let us know what the answer is.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for the input. I didn't really think the character references would have much bearing on the waivers but even if it would help a tiny bit I would go out of my way to get a couple. Yes I was suprized the recruiter is trying to help me get in being I need 3 waivers When I first entered the office he noticed the tattoos right away then followed up about what other service I was interested in. But after answering the Marines a couple times he started to get some info from me and called his CO to see if they were letting any waivers through for wrist tattoos. It's going to be a major long shot in the dark but hoping all goes well and I will post again when I know the status of my waivers. Thanks again for the replies.

Last edited by Rocky C; 11-07-12 at 03:26 PM.

Thread Information