USMC Book - "Welcome To Hell"
Create Post

USMC Book - "Welcome To Hell"

Well guys, my book officially releases today. Technically it's a memoir, but I prefer to view it as a nostalgia book that holds true to all of our experience and something we can all relate to and look back on fondly in the comfort of hindsight. The book also supports the Children of Fallen Patriots... an organization I think we can all get behind. Whether or not you have ANY interest in the book, please take a minute to read the following because its, in my opinion, extremely important to Americans across the nation:

[quote]Why? Because this has a greater purpose… Because this isn’t just a memoir book with MY life stories in it. It’s a shared message for people who deserve to have their story told. A chance for people to take a moment and gain more perspective on what some choose to sacrifice for their and our great nation’s behalf. Instead of whining about priorities, it’s a chance to take recognition and say, “You gave a career to the Kardashians for a sex-tape, but how many of you even know the name Dakota Meyer?” Instead of second-by-second updates of the Twilight split, that’s the real story people should know. One with substance, sacrifice, and unimaginable heights of heroism. Here’s a guy who asked the Oval Office staff to call back on his lunch break because he was busy working when they called to inform him he was receiving our nation’s highest honor, the Medal of Honor. Even more than the message, we have the opportunity to make a real difference for people who need it the most. One interview and book at a time, we’re raising money and awareness for the Children of Fallen Patriots and I’d be hard pressed to imagine a more purposeful cause.

Managed to get this book to sell out before it even officially released Monday night! That's something I'm extremely proud of. And if you aren’t interested, that’s fine. But at least consider the message and looking into helping the Children of Fallen Patriots. Let’s move deeper into an election year with a more prioritized nation.

There are purchase links all over the right hand side of my website and it's now in bookstores everywhere.

Links to a few completed interviews:

Action News - TV appearance
    http://www.fox30jax.com/content/tops...sr1Oo.facebook

Fox News with Brian Kilmeade
    http://radio.foxnews.com/2012/08/10/...-marine-corps/

If you firmly share my message, then please help spread the word through social media or carrying the book around, but really, thanks again to everyone for a minute of your time regardless of what you take away from this.

Last edited by Shaffer; 08-16-12 at 02:39 PM.

? if you have been in the Marine Corps for 11 yrs why are you still a E-1 Pvt?

Quote Originally Posted by ssgtt32 View Post
    ? if you have been in the Marine Corps for 11 yrs why are you still a E-1 Pvt?
    ...fixed.

The following are worth mentioning!

“Read Sgt. Turley’s Welcome To Hell and you will never have to worry if our nation’s ’911 force’ is ready to answer the call.” – General Charles C. Krulak, 31st Commandant of the Marine Corps

“A lot has changed since I was in the Marines, but Patrick Turley’s Welcome to Hell vividly illustrates what hasn’t changed: that pain, discipline and dehumanization are the crucible in which an elite fighting force is forged. This book took me back to my own proud days in hell.” - Jim Beaver, star of Deadwood and Supernatural, and author of Life’s That Way

“It’s great to have gone to Marine Corps boot camp. It’s terrible to be in Marine Corps boot camp. It’s fun to read about Marine Corps boot camp.” - John Patrick Shanley, Pulitzer Prize, Academy and Tony Award winning screenwriter.

"A touching and humorous account that vividly illustrates the courage it takes to confront one’s own vulnerability, own it, and ultimately transform it into an unyielding and driving force. An essential life lesson for us all.” – Catherine Carey Levisay, Ph.D., Clinical Neuropsychologist

Sgt Turley, thank you for fixing your profile, I will make sure to get a copy of your book, since Gen Chuck Krulak has a forward, he was my CG 90 -91.

Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by ssgtt32 View Post
    Sgt Turley, thank you for fixing your profile, I will make sure to get a copy of your book, since Gen Chuck Krulak has a forward, he was my CG 90 -91.

Maurice
    He's an amazing man. Talking to him was one of the highlights of this entire process... probably only overshadowed by the charity I'm working with.

I'll be picking up a copy asap but one question... why ACU camo on the cover?

Quote Originally Posted by il duce View Post
    I'll be picking up a copy asap but one question... why ACU camo on the cover?
    Sorry for the delay. Just got back from an amazing vacation in Grenada.

...and to answer your question, I had no input on the cover at all. I didn't even like it at all for the first few months, but I'll admit it's grown on me quite a bit.

Just a quick thanks again toward everyone's support.

The director of the Children of Fallen Patriots (the charity this book supports) personal wrote to invite me to their charity event in November in Connecticut, so everything has gone even better than I had anticipated (we're even still ALL 5 star reviews on Amazon) and I owe it all to people like you. We just need to keep getting the word out to raise money and awareness for them!

Also, I wrote this up for the Pendleton Patch a few weeks ago... figured this group here might enjoy it as well!

http://camppendleton.patch.com/artic...orps-boot-camp

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickTurley View Post
    He's an amazing man. Talking to him was one of the highlights of this entire process... probably only overshadowed by the charity I'm working with.
    Maybe more amazing was his father Victor and since we are talking books try reading Victor "the Brute" Krulak" a biography of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker1971 View Post
    Maybe more amazing was his father Victor and since we are talking books try reading Victor "the Brute" Krulak" a biography of him.
    I have! The apple doesn't seem to fall far from that tree. Amazing men and lineage. Speaking to Gen Krulak for several months in the early part of this year remains (outside of my work with the charity) the highlight of my professional career.

Thread Information