Marine Corps boot camp
Closed Thread

Marine Corps boot camp

I'm going into my senior year in high school I'm 17 years old and I've been thinking about going into the Marine Corps since I was like 13 for the benefits and brotherhood and I haven't really done much in my life so I'd like to do something I can be proud of. However I'm not a very big guy; I weigh about 125-130 and I don't really lift weights. I can do pushups, situps, and pullups pretty well but I'm not a very good runner. My best mile has been like 8 minutes and 45 seconds. Should I be worried about boot camp?

Eddie, this should be in the "Ask A Marine Section"...not here.

-Claire

Oh sorry, how do I delete it?

PM a moderator and explain what happened. No worries.

If you want answers I suggest you fill out your profile a little bit better, your first and last name are not enough. You P.M. a Mod with a profile like that, you're going to get your thread shut down. I highly recommend you pay attention to the site rules.

Moved.

Closed -- until the OP fills out his profile.

C'mon Eddie, follow the rules!

Love the screen name by the way, clean your act up (fill out your profile) and we can reopen this and explore your question.

Capice?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Vedder View Post
    I'm going into my senior year in high school I'm 17 years old and I've been thinking about going into the Marine Corps since I was like 13 for the benefits and brotherhood and I haven't really done much in my life so I'd like to do something I can be proud of. However I'm not a very big guy; I weigh about 125-130 and I don't really lift weights. I can do pushups, situps, and pullups pretty well but I'm not a very good runner. My best mile has been like 8 minutes and 45 seconds. Should I be worried about boot camp?
    Eddie, there are a ton of answers on this site if you just take some time to search the threads. Should you be worried about boot camp?

You have your senior year to complete before that ever occurs, so you don't "really" lift weights. Change that. Start lifting weights. You can do pushups, situps, pullups "pretty well." Change that and start working out more, including crunches so you can do them "very well." You run a 8:45 mile. Too slow. Start running more. You can do an internet search and get any number of running programs to guide you. Start by searching something like beginners 5k running program. 5k = 3.1 miles. You have a year. If you sit on your butt during this year, then, yeah, start getting worried. But if you take advantage of the time you have available, then what's to worry about. Might want to check into supplementing your diet with protein shakes and things of that nature to help pack on muscle when you weightlift, which you are going to start doing ASAP. Right?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Closed -- until the OP fills out his profile.

Thread Information