Weight Advice
Create Post

Thread: Weight Advice

Weight Advice

Ok so I know there's a lot of these threads here, and I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I need some advice. I need to lose 30 pounds before I can sign, I know it's not really a lot but it's still giving me trouble. I've lost around 15 pounds in the last 2 months but just kinda stopped there.
    As far as my normal day goes I have a physically demanding job and am almost always in the heat all day so I drink a lot of water and Gatorade throughout the day. After I get home I normally go running outside at different times and I'd guess I run around 6 or 7 miles by the end of the day. I don't eat very much junk food like I use to, there are some days I'll go get some cookies or something like that but it's not an everyday thing. I'll normally eat some cereal for breakfast if I have time, either Subway or some left-overs for lunch and whatever the family fixes for diner.

Is there any kind of advice anyone can give me or just any changes I need to make? I've always dreamed about being a Marine and now that I'm old enough i just get a little mad at myself for gaining so much weight. Thanks ahead of time for anything!

Weight loss is pretty simple... Burn more calories than you eat. For starters, quit drinking Gatorade. It has like 250 calories per bottle, and all those calories are from refined sugars. In fact, cut sugar and nearly all carbs that don't come from vegetables or whole grains.

Look at it this way - you can run for 2 hours straight and burn 1,000 calories, or you can cut a Snickers and two bottles of Gatorade out of your diet and take in 1,000 less calories. Which sounds easier?

Yes sir, and thanks. I've already cut out sodas and normally drink tea if we go out to eat somewhere. I've never really thought about the calories from Gatorade to consider cutting it out as well

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf92 View Post
    Yes sir, and thanks. I've already cut out sodas and normally drink tea if we go out to eat somewhere. I've never really thought about the calories from Gatorade to consider cutting it out as well
    check the ingredients of the cereal,,if there is a lot of wheat that may be the problem,, i have and had in the Corps a problem with wheat, i would just block the weight loss on me,, it was my bodies reaction to the gluten, in the wheat,, once o cut that way back then i started to loose the rest of what i needed to,,
    at least that was my problem,, Bread and anything with wheat, i had to switch to rye and other types of Bread,,

Yes sir I'll check thank you, I've been eating whole wheat bread with everything to so I'll try a different type and see if anything happens. I've noticed the last few weeks that my weight stays the some (given the few pounds that change during the day, but no more then 5 up or down) but I still look like I'm losing some. I've always had a lot of muscle since I live on a small ranch, so could that have some to do with?

it sure could,, have someone check the body fat content, it is easy with a gauge they use, they just pinch a spot and put what looks like a set of caliper to check the fat tissue,, no pain just looks weird,,lol

haha it sounds weird, I know I'm still over on that part to but just thought it could be a reason my weight just stopped, until a few years back I was always small but my weight was high. Just never thought about it until now.

well if you can pass all the requirements, tho, there should not be a problem, as long as, like i say you can pass the run and pullup bar hang and things like that,, and the knowledge part,, gen orders and such

Ok great thank you! I have to work on the pull ups but I think I'm ok on the rest. I'll check with my recruiter the next time he's here to make sure theres nothing else I need to worry about. Thanks again

I'll chime in...

The following links may have some nutrition info to assist you in your quest.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...-Corps-Fitness
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...-Ftbody-advice

Not all of it is specific to you but there will be some tips to consider.
    My comments were related to proper nutrition which is paramount.....food for thought, so to speak.

Hope that helps.....carry on.

Thank you I'll check them out =)

Thread Information