h3 hearing at MEPS = disqualified. need advice
Closed Thread
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

h3 hearing at MEPS = disqualified. need advice

I failed my hearing test at MEPS ( 3 test 3 different variants) and was sent home. My recruiter had me get a hearing test for a waiver (also different) and he sent it back to MEPS . The MEPS Doctors would not make a ruling on it and sent it to a medical review board where I was PDQ. My recruiter says that there is nothing else he can do. Is that that or can I press the issue for another waiver? Hell, I didn't know I was deaf and honestly I thought I had good hearing.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jpres230 View Post
    I failed my hearing test at MEPS ( 3 test 3 different variants) and was sent home. My recruiter had me get a hearing test for a waiver (also different) and he sent it back to MEPS . The MEPS Doctors would not make a ruling on it and sent it to a medical review board where I was PDQ. My recruiter says that there is nothing else he can do. Is that that or can I press the issue for another waiver? Hell, I didn't know I was deaf and honestly I thought I had good hearing.
    You're out of luck. It seems your case was taken as far as it can go and the BUMED board ruled against you. Sorry. Not everyone can get in.

I AM SORRY JP but once the bigboys bumed makes up their mind that is it. Iwas a navy corpsman for 111/2 yrs and delt with bumed a couple of times about my Marines health issue so I wish you Luck in your endevers and again sorry

Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sorry to hear this news Jason.
    Good luck to you in whatever you do in life.

Status changed from Poolee/DEP to Marine Friend.

Thread closed.

Thread Information