What is the Communications/Electrician job field like?
Create Post

What is the Communications/Electrician job field like?

This is the job field I was assigned to. I'm really interested in communications, but I really do not want to be some kind of electrician. So what percentage of people go to comms? And what is this job field like? I really don't know what to expect.
    Thanks!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

I was looking for more of a personal description of the job, or info from someone actually in the field. But this helps a lot, Thanks!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar View Post
    I was looking for more of a personal description of the job, or info from someone actually in the field. But this helps a lot, Thanks!
    I was a Crypto Comm Marine with a TSSC so I am limited as to what I can tell you. That is why I posted the link for you.

Other Marines here in the Comm field will be by to try and answer more of your questions. Some will be limited also.

You are welcome and Good luck...

What contract type are you. Mine was "BY" Comm. Electronics (2800, 5900, 2100) so if you have that I may be able to give you some insight, depending on what you wanna know. However, like Rhode Island we are only allowed to say so much.

Gunnar, you could be anything from a radio operator to an electronics repair guy.

When I was in, there were no such thing as drones and no one had cell phones, so I'm sure any other info I tried to give you would sound like it came from Barney Rubble.

Hey Subsum, anything you can tell me about 2800 field? From life during schooling, to daily life in the fleet? thanks in advanced.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDori View Post
    Hey Subsum, anything you can tell me about 2800 field? From life during schooling, to daily life in the fleet? thanks in advanced.
    wake up at 0400-0500ish...PT until 0600
    clean up, change over, and chow from 0600-0800
    work/train/go to class(s) from 0800-1100
    chow 1100-1300
    back to work/training/class(s) 1300-1600
    secure for the evening to go do what you want until you rack out and wake up to do it all over again the next day.

I work with 2841's and coincidentally have some 2841 boots sitting infront of me here at the CTC.

You'll be in Alpha company @ 29 stumps for nearly a year. This doesn't make you salty. Soon as you hit the fleet...congrats you're a boot.

Depending on your unit... some 2847's get treated the same as 41's. Get used to GCSS.

Thread Information