Thanking current military members and veterans
Create Post

Thanking current military members and veterans

Do you also thank military members both current and veterans for their service when you see them? I make a point to thank them if I pass by them on the street or in stores or whatever. When I'm speaking to current and veteran members of our Armed Forces, I feel like I'm talking to something greater than the average Joe (and they are greater).

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yes and Everyone should.

I have thanked one as old as 80 and as young as 19

A NZer asked me how I'm able to recognize veterans. Well, I told him with World War II, Korea, or Gulf War vets it's harder to tell unless they wear hats or shirts indicating that they are veterans. And WOT vets just look like regular people in their twenties and early thirties when out of uniform. A classmate in my forensics class served in Afghanistan in the Army. But Vietnam veterans are easier for me to recognize...it's the facial expressions, the way they carry themselves. Like as if nothing can phase them anymore. Hard to explain but I grew in the '90's - early '00's and about three teachers I had served in VN.

I don't just say "Thank you for your service" to random people though unless there's some kind of obvious indication that they are veterans though.

I all ways say thank you for your service and god bless you brother.

Stephen doc hansen hm3 fmf

The old timer usually have the crew cut iam 99.9% correct identifing the ww2 korea era veterans. Plus the tattoo.

Stephen doc hansen hm3 fmf

Thread Information