Switching from AF to USMC
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Switching from AF to USMC

Im currently an A1C in the AF. I was curious as to whether I could join the Marine Corps when my enlistment is up? Thought about goin Pararescue but I want to be a Marine even more. 0331 or 0311 to be specific

You will have to check with a prior service recruiter. And you may have to wait a bit for infantry spots but since most do 4yrs and get out, you'll likely get it.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcro View Post
    You will have to check with a prior service recruiter. And you may have to wait a bit for infantry spots but since most do 4yrs and get out, you'll likely get it.
    ummm not sure if that is correct..??...Prior service recruiters are for Marines that have gotten out and want back in. I think you'd have to go to a regular recruiting office and you'll pretty much start from the beginning.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    ummm not sure if that is correct..??...Prior service recruiters are for Marines that have gotten out and want back in. I think you'd have to go to a regular recruiting office and you'll pretty much start from the beginning.
    What about my rank? I should be at least an E4 at the time?

Topic closed until you have a complete profile besides a first and last name......site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. When your profile is complete, PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum and topic will be re-opened.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You will need to see a Marine recruiter. As far as rank is concerned, you would come in as a contract PFC (E-2). You will have to complete boot camp, SOI, and MOS school just like a recruit fresh out of high school.

Note this: The Corps is downsizing at this time and getting a slot as a prior service applicant will be tough. Prior service Marines are finding it almost impossible to get back in. Infantry slots are even tougher to get as a lot of 18-year old kids want that job.

Oh my apologies, Joseph D is right.

You'll basically start fresh. The Corps got that half right. IMO, they should do the same for lat moves within the Marine Corps, but I digress.

Mike

Thread Information