Does being an Eagle Scout really account for anything after Boot Camp?
Create Post

Does being an Eagle Scout really account for anything after Boot Camp?

Good evening, At my school I get a good amount of crap for being in Boy Scouts. I could care less. However, my Sergeant Major, SMI of the MCJROTC at my school, loves Boy Scouts and is very eager to see all of us who are in it, get our Eagle. He says Boy Scouts and grades come before community service hours that we do just about every week. My question is, does being an Eagle Scout really ever pay off?

O and I am a Life Scout. One rank from my Eagle. And I will be a very happy camper(no pun intended) when I get it.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for taking the time to answer. I appreciate it greatly.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    It'll get you contract PFC(vs. Private) so you'll have a small step up from many other recruits at the depot. After you earn the title Marine though it doesn't matter you're just another boot(not meant to be negative).

I wouldn't have cared if it was negative. Used to it. But thank you all the same.

josephd, were did you find this out about a contract PFC ,for an Eagle Scout rank?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mexbearlll View Post
    josephd, were did you find this out about a contract PFC ,for an Eagle Scout rank?
    unless it changed since 2008 when I went, I had a few guys I went to boot camp and a few others from my recruiters office that were all contract PFC's from being Eagle Scouts

I don't know of the specific order/MARADMIN on it though

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congrats and keep going. I am an Eagle Scout.

This is just one of the Benefits of attaining the Rank of Eagle Scout but a great step when you graduate from Boot Camp.

Click on the link below.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marinejoin/a/advrank.htm

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

YES! That 'Eagle' is something that NO ONE can ever take away from you, just like the title 'Marine'. It's earned, never given. It will help you far more than you think it will, not just in the military, but outside of it as well. Any job you apply for, putting 'Eagle scout' on that application gives you a 'leg up' on competition.

As far as the military goes, it gets you PFC (which also means more $$$). If you are looking in another direction, it also helps for academy admittance, too.

Thank you Sir. At some point after college, I wish to join the Marine Corps as an officer. Whether it be Marine Air, MARSOC, Combat Engineer, or Intelligence.

Thank you again for your time.

Thread Information