Will Class C Misdemeanor 10 Yrs Ago DQ Me For Linguist or Intel MOS?
Create Post

Will Class C Misdemeanor 10 Yrs Ago DQ Me For Linguist or Intel MOS?

Good morning Marines - I'm Guest Lim (not a poolee yet) and I had a Class C misdemeanor (Petty Theft under $50) back in 2002 when I was 14 years old. I plead no contest and had to do community service at a food bank to have it expunged from my record. I'm also a DoD employee (AAFES) and they didn't mention anything about the misdemeanor upon hiring me full-time so I'm not sure if it's even visible on the Federal level.

I know this is something I will have to disclose when I go down to MEPs, but will that incident DQ me from picking up an Intel or Linguist MOS upon enlistment?

I appreaciate any feedback you all can offer. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    Thank you, sir!

Since I have one Class 2 minor non-traffic offense, will that be detrimental to getting tss clearance? Will that also disqualify me from getting a Linguist or Intel MOS?

Quote Originally Posted by vividadikkshunz View Post
    Thank you, sir!

Since I have one Class 2 minor non-traffic offense, will that be detrimental to getting tss clearance? Will that also disqualify me from getting a Linguist or Intel MOS?
    I'm not no Sir. Is my avatar not big enough for you to read, and did you bother looking at my profile?

And the answers you want to your questions can only be answered by a recruiter. I suggest you go and talk with one.

Go talk to a recruiter and be totally HONEST about everything. Nothing will shut you down faster then telling them something only for them to find out it is a lie.

Credits
    Savings
    I never get much above blouse level...Lisa !

But i think it is a female-wannabe asking
    the question Marines

You could make her do "Bends and Thrusts",
    till she "spews"......

That'd learn her !

She'll have to learn to pay attention to "DETAILS " ,
    IF she ever makes it to Parris Island.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    I'm not no Sir. Is my avatar not big enough for you to read, and did you bother looking at my profile?

And the answers you want to your questions can only be answered by a recruiter. I suggest you go and talk with one.
    Apologies, ma'am. I'm at work so unfortunately, I have to make the window small to only show the text box so I didn't take a close look at the avatar. Thank you for your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    I never get much above blouse level...Lisa !

But i think it is a female-wannabe asking
    the question Marines

You could make her do "Bends and Thrusts",
    till she "spews"......

That'd learn her !

She'll have to learn to pay attention to "DETAILS " ,
    IF she ever makes it to Parris Island.
    LOL! I am a puker though. I usually puke during every IST and pool function unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by DrZ View Post
    Go talk to a recruiter and be totally HONEST about everything. Nothing will shut you down faster then telling them something only for them to find out it is a lie.
    I am definitely going to be honest about it when I go down to MEPs. My recruiter is looking into it for me, but I like getting outside knowledge anyway since the situation can be subjective. Thank you for your reply!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Honesty is the Best Policy. Besides it's all over the Internet now.
    Give your Recruiter the link to this thread.

Good luck to you.

I don't think it's going to be a major issue, but as others have stated, disclose everything, and see what happens.

Thread Information