Little Known Stories about Marines
Create Post

Little Known Stories about Marines

I just learned the following about a Marine. I thought it was interesting. Anyone who knows a similar fact about Marines who did other things that are not well know, please post. We could get a nice collection of stories here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donnie_Dunagan

Here is the link to Wikipedia. This is an interesting bit of American film and Marine Corps history.

Donnie Dunagan was the kid who voiced young Bambi in the Walt Disney animated film. He was only 6 years old when Walt Disney hired him to be the voice of Bambi.

Dunagan grew up to become the youngest Marine drill instructor and served three tours in Vietnam .

In Vietnam, he was wounded several times, before finally retiring in 1977 with the rank of Major.

His true identity as Bambi remained hidden while he was in the military. He thought people wouldn’t have taken him seriously if they knew he voiced the famous fawn.

It wasn't until years later, when he was 70, that Dunagan made it publicly known. He's now proud whenever someone calls out "Major Bambi" on the street. "I love it to death," he says.

Thank you for that history william i never knew that!!!!!

Semper fi my brother

stephen doc hansen hm3 fmf

P.S. Corpsmen also!

Thread Information