devoloping pain tolerance for running
Create Post

devoloping pain tolerance for running

Holla Marines. Just something that I wanted to share. I've been going to spin classes lately (1-3 times a week) and I noticed an improvement in my running. Spin classes are a great way to improve your endurance and pain tolerance while running so you can keep running that fast pace and reach your goals. What I noticed was that i developed more stamina while running, basically pain tolerance and what not. Just trying to put the word out there to current poolees and or Marines trying to fix up their running.

Biking is great for improving your running, yes.

What kind of pain are you talking about? There is a difference between being short-of-breath and shin splints.

Many times, pain is your body's alarm signal that something is wrong and you need to stop doing what it is that's causing the pain. For example, chronic compartment syndrome is an overuse injury normally caused by running on hard surfaces such as concrete roads. Compartment syndrome builds up pressure between the blood vessels and bone in your shins and is very serious. Left untreated, the tissues in your shins will be deprived of the blood flow they need and die potentially leading to amputation of the leg from the knee down (extreme cases). The treatment for compartment syndrome is a faciotomy (cutting into the tissue) to relieve the pressure. Had this done on both my legs.

Hello please reply fast....i really do think i have compartment syndrome...every time i get to the mile mark on my run my left leg feels like hell. i have symptoms of compartment (such as calf and whole foot goes numb,Then the calf gets worse and worse until i have to stop it goes away when i stop. No i dont think its shin splints. And i have 2 months before i ship out.

PM sent.

Bottom line. Stop running (to prevent further injury) and see a sports medicine doc ASAP to get checked out. Compartment syndrome is a serious overuse injury that must be treated before permanent injury is done to the tissues.

FYI. My pain was in my shins (not the calfs). The scars from my faciotomies are on my shins. I did experience numbness in my feet and the pain went away as soon as I stopped running (because the pressures in the compartments went down). Get a diagnosis to find out exactly what is causing your pain. Then, take it from there. Do not ship to bootcamp with compartment syndrome. Good luck.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    I found out through the years, that smoking a couple of cigarettes before your run, improves your tolerance to breathing fresh air. Also, half way through my run, I stop and kill a quick roach, which boosts my tolerance to the pain. Been doing this for years and I've never failed getting to the mail box and back!

The Mongoose strikes again!

FMH - Top is giving you some good scoop, follow his advice. Us old geezers who don't need to take **** test anymore, well, we can maybe take the "alternative medicine" approach there 8-) But it might not be good if you're in or going in soon!

Change your shoes or get inserts if you dont have them shoes may still look new and be worn out

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Billy, that was fookin great !!! hahahahahaha !!!

Yes ssir Billy I use to smoke after our morning PT I would tell my gunny the fresh air was killing me so I had to lite up lol

Semper Fi Billy

Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 fmf

To race, you have to face and overcome pain. Studies of athletes have shown that they tend to have the same pain threshold as everyone else. That means that if you apply a painful stimulus, athletes start to notice it at the same time as everyone else. Get articles of admission essay writing service.

Credits
    Savings
    Hickey's a Poser, Hickeys a Poser

Had a gunny out at Camp Pendleton who used to run with a pack of cigarettes in his sock. Would cross the finish line well ahead of most of the company, light up, and go back to harass the slower runners, butt dangling from his lips. Motivating.

Thread Information