Sophomore in College considering the 92-Day Reservist Program!
Create Post

Sophomore in College considering the 92-Day Reservist Program!

Hi everyone! I'm Jade, and I will be a sophomore in college for Fall 2012-2013. I wanted to drop out and enlist but unfortunately,that is not an option for me anymore and I am now considering the 92-Day Reservist Program.
    I just wanted to know how boot, MCT, and MOS school would work out while I'm in school, if I would have to leave school to complete any training.
    Also, I've heard that after boot, you're sent to SOI but the 92-Day Reserves program isn't just for those who have an Infantry MOS, correct? That doesn't sound right...
    Also, I would like to know how possibly getting deployed would affect college, etc.?
    So if anyone could give me some insight/info that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This thread is closed until the profile is completed.

Jade, you can PM any Squad Leader/Mod to reopen this thread once your profile is complete.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thread re-opened, profile completed.

Thank you!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    here is the breakdown....

With the 92 day program you would go to Bootcamp during the summer in between school years, then to SOI/MCT the next year(if your I&I staff is on top of it), and MOS school the year after that. And no the 92 day program is not just for infantry MOS's, it is an option for any MOS as far as I know.

As for getting deployed goes, as a reservist your chances of deploying are pretty slim unless you volunteer and push to get yourself on a pump somewhere. Although it doesn't happen the way it should, you are not supposed to be eligible to deploy until you complete SOI/MCT and your MOS school. IF you did go on a deployment you would more than likely have official word on if you're going or not far enough in advance that you could complete whatever semester you are in. If you were in the middle of a semester and you had to leave, the school would have to let you withdraw with out having a negative grade show on your transcript. Although be aware you still may be responsible for any and all fees that go with that semester.

Thanks for the info!

Also, in regards to the base that I would be stationed at for drill, they would assign me to one close to my school correct? I'm trying to think about transportation, etc.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    The reserve unit you get contracted to would go by your address you give that would be your home of record address or wherever you enlist from.

Ah, I see, that's very good to know!
    Thank you!

Thread Information