Should I do infantry or intelligence?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Should I do infantry or intelligence?

I'm interested in both MOS's. I'm enlisting soon and I won't be shipping to PI until next July after I graduate HS. I consider myself very smart and I think I am capable of getting an intelligence contract. I would like to do that but I also want to be a grunt, I don't think I really want to be a POG though there is nothing wrong being one. If I do infantry, will I even get to see combat? I'll be in from 2013 to 2017, so do you think we'll be in a war or anything within that period? Also, if anyone could give me more information about intelligence Marines, or lead me to resources where I could find that out that would be great. I just want to make the best decision for my Marine Corps career. Thank you so much for your help everyone.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    How many threads are you going to start about what you want to do?
    You started another thread on 6/9/12 saying you wanted to go into the Air Wing...

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckH View Post
    How many threads are you going to start about what you want to do?
    You started another thread saying you wanted to go into the Air Wing...
    I'm sorry, I'm just weighing all the options and trying to see what I would like the most. I'm going to join the Corps no matter what, I just don't want to be stuck doing a job I'm going to hate for 4 years. I just want to know as much as I possibly can before signing that contract.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good Luck
    Choose wisely grasshopper...

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you, I'm trying to make sure I do that. I just want to know everything I can about both jobs, and I'd really like to know from Marines with experience in those fields.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I can't say what job/MOS would be best based on experience because I am not either but if you have a good chance of getting an intelligence contract I would jump on that in an instant!! You'll get the opportunity to work with a lot of different Marines, different branches, and quite a few high ranking officials(Generals) within the intel field. Also the security clearance that is required can open a lot of doors for you down the road whenever you get out of the Corps.

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you Marine, I'll definitely look more into it. It sounds like a great job so far

My random post of the month... Ask yourself why you want to be a Marine. I wanted to be a Marine because we are the finest infantrymen in the world. I had offers of bonuses for intel, and everything else. I got a 99 on the asvab with a 145 in the GT section and I wouldn't trade having been a grunt in Afghanistan for anything in the world.

In MY opinion, the differences between Marine Corps infantry and other MOS's are as drastic if not more so than between Marine Infantry and Army Infantry. Being a Marine was important. Being an American Infantrymen was more important. Fortunately I got the best of both worlds. Still I find I have more in common with my army grunt buddies than I do with some of the Marine POGs I know. Would I re-up as a grunt? Probably not. But as I said, I wouldn't trade my experience for anything in the world.

Mike

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you for your answer, it helped and I'm still trying to make the best decision for me. Also, thank you for your service Marine.

Thread Information