How do they grade the PFT at boot camp?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

How do they grade the PFT at boot camp?

I was curious to how they grade the PFT at boot camp? Cause on marines.com it gives you the minimums to pass it.. But would you pass if you got all the minimums or no?

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You just answered your own question.

Credits
    Savings
    I mean if you achieve the minimum will you pass? Cause they make it seem like you wont pass it with the minimum

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Why all this talk on the minimums ?
    Your Goal should be to Max Out the PFT.

Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
    Recruits are tested on the final PFT on training day 60. The PFT consists of three events. The recruits can score up to 100 points in each event, for a maximum possible PFT score of 300. The lowest passing score is a 135. Recruits must also pass each event. The minimum passing standards for the PFT are:
    • Male Recruits
    • 3 Pull ups
    • 50 Crunches in two minutes
    • 3.0 mile run in 28:00

Good Luck to you.

Last edited by Rocky C; 07-21-12 at 05:25 PM.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    PFT is not that hard...you put out for a maximum of about 30 minutes total and its over.

20 pullups, 100 crunches, and 18minutes on the 3 mile run is a perfect 300. each pull up is worth 5 points, each crunch is worth 1 point, and every minute slower than 18 is 6 points(-6pts for 19m, -12 pts for 20m, -18pts for 20m, etc...). -In my opinion, by the final PFT at boot camp, if you aren't running a 1st class PFT(225-300, if your under 27 years old) there is something seriously wrong with you either you weren't putting out at all or you got nothing from boot camp and the 9 or 10 weeks prior you were there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmckee94 View Post
    I was curious to how they grade the PFT at boot camp? Cause on marines.com it gives you the minimums to pass it.. But would you pass if you got all the minimums or no?
    Tmckee94,

If you were to pass each stage with the minimum requirement, you would not pass the PFT.

3 Pullups = 15 Points.
    50 Sit ups = 50 Points
    28.00 Minute 3 mile = 40 points

15 + 50 + 40 = 105 < 135 = minimum passing total.

Be the one to pass with minimum scores in all catagories of the PFT, In bootcamp. BE THE ONE.

You have the worst possible approach to the PFT, but it doesn't matter anyway. If you can't do at least 10 pullups, 100 crunches, or you run slower than 24:00 you're going to get lots of extra attention in boot camp. That "extra attention" should get you passing.

Just like the rest of the time you are in the Corps...everything is documented. Do you really want the first mark in your SRB to be a minimum on the PFT?

In the future, promotions are also partially based on your PFT scores.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks everyone for the information... I wasnt going to try to pass with the minimum PFT scores I was just curious about how they grade it and everything

Just put out and don't worry about it. Not like you have anything important to do in bootcamp anyway besides drill. You get the drill instructors off your back for a while. Unless you're the slowest. If that's you, standby haha

Thread Information