Construction management MOS
Closed Thread

Construction management MOS

I was wondering about where I would be stationed with this mos and what the chances would be of me being able to to stay semi close to home? And if I get out of boot camp around the beginning of December then how long do I get to be home for till I go back for more training. (My grandfather has cancer and I am trying to help take care of him)

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I am not even aware of such an MOS, I would imagine it'd be in the 1300 field and I don't see it.

To answer your question though, if this MOS does exist you could be stationed just about Marine Corps base. Lejeune(North Carolina), Pendleton(California), Okinawa(Japan), or Hawaii. Not sure where "home" is for you but where you get stationed is based on where you rank in your MOS schoolhouse class and what is available(which you won't know until the end).

Upon graduating boot camp you will get your 10 days of boot leave, after that though you wont have much time off other than possible liberty on the weekends at MOS school. I would honestly tell you to not set your heart or mind on being home for your grandfather. Not trying to be disrespectful but if being a Marine is what you want you are going to have to sacrifice time with your family, friends, and even yourself. Taking care of grandpa is going to have to take a back seat.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    I am not even aware of such an MOS, I would imagine it'd be in the 1300 field and I don't see it.

To answer your question though, ,
    if this MOS does exist you could be stationed just about Marine Corps base.

Lejeune(North Carolina), Pendleton(California), Okinawa(Japan), or Hawaii.

Not sure where "home" is for you but where you get stationed is based on where you rank in your MOS schoolhouse class and what is available(which you won't know until the end).

Upon graduating boot camp you will get your 10 days of boot leave,

after that though you wont have much time off other than possible liberty on the weekends at MOS school. I would honestly tell you to not set your heart or mind on being home for your grandfather.

Not trying to be disrespectful but if being a Marine is what you want you are going to have to sacrifice time with your family, friends, and even yourself.

Taking care of grandpa is going to have to take a back seat.
    josephd answered well

Give us a MOS # please

Management ???? construction management???

I'm not trying to be overly "Salty" when I tell you
    about the only thing YOUNG/NEW Marines get to
    manage is some of how you spend your insuficient
    paycheck....

Management is a very wide/loose term and we/I dont know
    just how someone is using it to describe, perhaps what you
    may someday end up doing in the Corps.

The Marine Corps is not overly reliable to keep you near home
    for situations where you want to be close to offer assistance.
    You may well be lucky /depending on timing/ to attend a funeral.

Construction Management ??

ask your recruiter to please be more specific on MOS numbers.
    be carefull to watch smoke comming out your ears when he's
    speaking.

you aren't talking reserves are you ??

Combat engineer (1371) maybe?

Your recruiter will be able to answer all these questions.

So if I was stationed in north Carolina would I be aloud to come home on the weekends?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This thread closed until you complete a profile.

No one knows where you live now, how could we answer the "allowed" to go home on weekends question.

Once the profile is completed, you can contact any squad leader by PM and they will re-open the thread.

Thread Information