Asvab Help
Create Post

Thread: Asvab Help

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Asvab Help

Good afternoon Marines. Im new to your forums and come seeking some guidance and help. I'd love to join your beloved Corps. Ive been working as a EMT for 2 years now and I feel as If I could be doing something more. So I've decided to lookin into this great opportunity which is the Marine Corps. Ive been out of school for quite some time now. I was wonderinf if any of your Marines could possibly give me some advice on how to brush up on my math skills and Vocabulary. The math is one of my biggest problems. Id go take my ASVAB now but I believe the math will be a big down fall for me...Any help would be appreciated. Thank you Marines!

What MOS are you looking for? The requirements are different for all of them.

The ASVAB really shouldn't be too hard for you. Most people enlisting are doing so straight out of High School and I know quite a few who aren't the most book smart in the world. The hardest part I thought with the math section was remembering how to simplify x, y equations. Everything else was pretty basic after that.

My suggestion would be to talk to a recruiter and voice your concerns. Before I went took the ASVAB they had me take a pre-test on their computer to see how I would do. The point difference between that and my ASVAB was about 5 points so it seems pretty accurate.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The MOS I was looking into was either Military Police or Crash Fire Rescue. I will be taking a pre test at the office here this coming week to see how I will do. I just dont do to well with writting exams But I am very hands on smart. I may just be worrying to much about this exam. I will speak with my Recruiter and see what he has to say. Ive been looking online at sample test questions and in books and such. I was also told the actual test isnt as tough as the sample questions that you find. Thank you for your quick reply I great appreciate it Marine! I hope to join your Beloved Corps in the coming weeks!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by EMSFox View Post
    I will be taking a pre test at the office here thiscoming week
    to see how I will do. I just dont do to well with writting exams
    But I am very hands on smart.

I may just be worrying to much about this exam.
    I will speak with my Recruiter and see what he has to say.
    Ive been looking online at sample test questions
    and in books and such.

I was also told the actual test isnt as tough as the sample questions that you find.
    Thank you for your quick reply
    I appreciate it Marine!
    The practice test is a guide only,, will show areas that you need to improve,,,,
    some areas are almost impossible to improve over your natural abilitys.

Hit the local Library, or book store and get the asvab whatever book for the exam.
    and wear it out,, also other study books for exams are also helpfull.

One fact often not recognized is that studying for any test , almost always improves
    your ability to take a different test.
    and the more tests you take, the better you get taking them..
    all ends up improving your OFFICIAL test result scores.

If basic math is your concern, there are a TON of resource materials out there you can take advantage of. Any library or bookstore will have what you need. After that, it's up to you to study the material, learn as much as you can, and then apply it to the actual test.

You cannot be stupid and an EMT. You had to know some decimals, fractions, division, metric system, and basic algebra (to figure doasges) to get your EMT credentials.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Thread Information