Motor T?
Create Post

Thread: Motor T?

Post Motor T?

Hi everyone, my name is Courtney and I am looking for some info about being a Motor Transport Operator--Mainly because I cannot find much info on it.
    I have not seen a recruiter yet because I still need to lose around 10 lbs and get fit... because I'm not at the moment lol
    Anyways, I want to become a Motor T Operator (I think its female friendly MOS) I had some questions about it though.
    -Would I most likely be deployed right after AIT (Or is AIT the Army... I was looking at Motor T for them as well)
    -How dangerous is this MOS? Chances of running of a IED, or getting shot at?
    -What is exactly is the difference between the Army Motor T and the USMC Motor T?
    -Any additional info also would be awesome, please I really want to earn the title of a Marine. My sisters boyfriend is stationed in Japan and I just think that's awesome and the opportunities it gives one.
    Thanks in advance,
    -Courtney

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/35.htm

http://www.marines.com/being-a-marin...otor-transport

You need to take the initiative and do a little research.

I went to google and a ton of stuff came up.
    Talk to a recruiter first and then ask questions if you don't find the answers you are looking for.

I have done research. I've read that before. Besides that does not really answer my question. I understand this may not be 100% credible, but I was planning on talking to the local recruiter once I lost some weight and able to run farther, because he or she might not give me all the info for the fact that I'm not ready to join yet. My friend is in the DEP program and she said just wait until you lose the wight because they wont be interested in you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CourtM092 View Post
    Hi everyone, my name is Courtney and I am looking for some info about being a Motor Transport Operator--Mainly because I cannot find much info on it.
    I have not seen a recruiter yet because I still need to lose around 10 lbs and get fit... because I'm not at the moment lol
    Anyways, I want to become a Motor T Operator (I think its female friendly MOS) I had some questions about it though.
    -Would I most likely be deployed right after AIT (Or is AIT the Army... I was looking at Motor T for them as well)
    -How dangerous is this MOS? Chances of running of a IED, or getting shot at?
    -What is exactly is the difference between the Army Motor T and the USMC Motor T?
    -Any additional info also would be awesome, please I really want to earn the title of a Marine. My sisters boyfriend is stationed in Japan and I just think that's awesome and the opportunities it gives one.
    Thanks in advance,
    -Courtney
    Assuming you get through everything and get a 3531 MOS (Motor Vehicle Operator), here are some answers.

Female friendly?: Depends. There is a lot of heavy lifting involved, especially when changing flat tires on the big trucks.

Deployed?: AIT is an Army term. You would be transferred to your first duty station after MOS school. When, or if, you deploy would depend on them.

Danger?: Yes, it is dangerous. Besides the usual dangers driving a big truck on roads often designed for smaller vehicles, in a combat zone hitting an IED and/or getting shot at is a distinct possibility. I haven't seen the stats from Iraq/Afghanistan, but in Vietnam, truck drivers had one of the highest casualties rates after infantry. Most of my MOS school instructors had Purple Hearts. In Vietnam, I was fired on at least several times (that I know of), plus got rocketed and mortared. You pays your money and you takes your chances.

Difference?: One you're in the Army, with the other you're a Marine.

Thread Information