The Favor Factor.
Create Post

The Favor Factor.

The Favor Factor

SUBMITTED BY GARY KEESEE ON MAY 18, 2012 - 2:30PM

I think favoritism gets a bad rap. We claim favoritism isn’t fair when it’s directed toward someone else, but we sure don’t mind if it’s coming our way.

I didn’t mind when, years ago, my friend who worked at a car dealership called me to let me know that he could get me a really great deal on a new car because it had hail damage.

My kids didn’t complain when I bought each one of them a car when they turned 18 just because they’re mykids.

And, you probably wouldn’t complain if your cashier gave you an extra 20% off your transaction the next time you were at the store, right?

See, favor means “standing in a place of advantage.” Sometimes you need just a little favor to push you over something in life. Favor will put you in front of great men and women you may never have had a chance to be in front of.

But people can’t do it all.

Last year my family went to Long Island, New York for a vacation. I was out in the water and on the beach just enjoying the sun and water. Since the sun was so bright, I wore my expensive sunglasses out into the water. I wasn’t going far out. In fact, I was only in waist-high water so I thought nothing about wearing my sunglasses. But out of nowhere came a huge wave that washed entirely over me and my sunglasses were gone.

Now, those sunglasses were my favorite pair and I didn’t want to lose them. I immediately cried out, “No! In the name of Jesus, I will not lose those glasses! Holy Spirit, show me where they are!” I then asked my two daughters who were on the trip with me to help me find them. We walked all around and felt the bottom with our feet. This went on for about 20 minutes, and we couldn’t find them. I went back up to the shore and sat down with my wife, Drenda, telling her what had happened and that I was not going to lose those glasses. My plan was to go back out and look for them again, but Drenda suggested that we go for a walk first and then she would help me.

We walked down the beach about 3/4 of a mile. Just as we were about to turn around and head back, a wave rolled in and I was shocked to see my sunglasses on top of that wave! My glasses came sliding in with that wave and skidded to a stop at my feet! Drenda and I just looked at each other in shock and awe!

Favor will change your life.

“But, that’s just you, Gary. God favors you because you’re a pastor.”

Here's the thing you have to understand—there's a whole bunch of room in God's house. Anyone can have favoritism with God. John 1:12 says, “Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.”

And John 15:15 says, “I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.”

You’re not a servant to God. You’re His child and His friend. A servant doesn't know the master's business, but children and friends do. We’re not servants in God’s house. We're part of the family. We can ask questions about the family business. We can know what God is doing. We have the FAVOR, and we have a huge advantage.

John 14:16 tells us that the Holy Spirit will teach us all things. Talk about favor! God Himself is on your side! You have access to inside information! God will help you live life before the devil even knows you’re there. You can have wisdom in every situation.

Having favor may not be “fair” in terms of how the world looks at things. I’m fine with that. Because I know that God wants to show us off. He wants others to see His favor in our lives. He wants to draw people to you who may not even know why they like you!

God is like those parents who have stickers of their kid’s accomplishments on the bumpers of their cars.

So, favoritism has gotten a bad rap. Who wouldn’t want the favor of God? It’s available to anyone.

I like favor, and I’ll take all the favor I can get.

How about you?

Credits
    Savings

Way to go doug!!!!!

Semper fi and godbless

stephen doc hansen hm3 fmf

Thread Information