MEPS information
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Exclamation MEPS information

I was wondering i have a lens implant in one eye but with glasses i can see 20/20 with both eyes can i still get a waiver for the lens implant? And with the lens implant i can see fine i just cant read with that eye but my good eye makes up for it.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Not sure exactly what an eye implant is exactly but I could see you NOT being able to enlist with it or be able to get a waiver for it. Every Marine goes to the gas chamber as part of their annual training requirement, you cannot wear contacts into the gas chamber. I am assuming this lens implant is something like a permanent contact.

That said this is something you need to bring to a recruiter and they can figure it out. None of us here are qualified to say what you can do if anything.

Credits
    Savings
    Okay. And i currently don't wear glasses because with both eyes i can see 20/20. Its only if i close my good eye that the eye with the implant i can't read with it but i can see everything else normally without glasses. And a lens implant is just a computerized lens. I got injured in 7th grade and had to have my lens i was born with taking out and they just put a computerized one in the place of it. I just don't want to not be able to get in because of a lens implant that doesnt affect my vision if i can still see 20/20.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    your vision has nothing to do with it, again I am not certain about this implant but you cannot wear any sort of contact lenses while at boot camp nor would you want to. Also like I stated before you will have to go to the gas chamber not only at boot camp but numerous times through out your Marine Corps career. You cannot wear contacts in the chamber, if you did the gas they use will crystalize that lens to your eye.

GO TALK TO A RECRUITER!!

Credits
    Savings
    Iv talked to my recruiter and he wasnt sure either. He said after i sign some papers he is going to send my medical stuff to MEPS and let the doctors there decide. Thanks for the advice.

Thread Information