When your four year contract in the service ends, how do you stay in the corps?
Create Post

When your four year contract in the service ends, how do you stay in the corps?

How could i stay in the marines for more than four years?

Well GAaa LLLeee Geee wizz that is a good question, all I can say is try not being a **** bag.

LOL though what kind of question is this? If you know nothing about the Marine Corps then how do you know you would even want to stay in for another four years? Your thinking to far in the game man!

I mean is it even possible to be in the Marine Corps as a career? and yes I know but im looking ahead into my future because im not sure what i wanna do other than be in the military

Credits
    Savings
    Marines are NOT issued rank based on age...
    (Think about it)

When you get off the bus @ boot camp -
    you'll wonder why you wanted to be there
    at all.

enjoy !

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    When you get off the bus @ boot camp -
    you'll wonder why you wanted to be there
    at all.
    hahahahahaha sooo true!!

How about you just get through boot first, earn the title, and then maybe you can start thinking about re-enlistment.

But to answer your question...in the last few months of your contract you'll sit down with your career planner with whatever unit you are with and if you are eligible you'll be afforded the opportunity to put in for re-enlistment.

Mattnovello, If your not sure than why are you even here ? Why are you wasting our time asking such questions about the MARINES. I was sure I was going to be a MARINE by the time I was eight years old and stayed True on Course. Personally I think you should go with the Coast Guard or the Air Force Reserve because they cater to people like you. You sound to me like you just don't have what it takes to be a MARINE in the first place. I served my time in hell and even at 60 years old, I am still so proud that I stand at attention when I hear the Marines Hymn and I couldn't care less who is watching. Who is monitoring these Forums ? When I joined I was informed that it was ONLY open to MARINES, not POSERS like this loser worried about FOUR YEARS in the Corps. Mattnovello, Your a Non Hacking Civilian who has NO Right to be here in a forum dedicated to the REAL MARINES and the memory of all those who gave their last breath for this Country. Go back home and cry on your mama's shoulder and don't bother Real Marines who joined without having to ask a Marine WHY ??? SEMPER FI to all my Brothers in GREEN. And for all you POSERS, go pound Sand.
    Remember to keep your friends close and your Enemies Closer.

Ok, that's a little much. Sgt Hammer, you don't know enough about this person to say all that you said about him. He's in a thread entitled "ask a Marine" and nothing he is doing can remotely be considered "posing."
    furthermore, "why" is a perfectly legitimate question to be asking.

Matt, take it one contract at a time. You can reenlist is the short answer to your question. But no, not everyone can. Trust me, you might come to hate it a few years, many people do. At that point you'll be glad you can get out after 4. If not, stay motivated and do what you can to reeenlist.
    I'm getting out in a few years, I don't know exactly what I'm going to do, but that's not the end of the world.

Last edited by ChuckH; 07-17-12 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Sgt Hammer's post not helpful

Credits
    Savings
    Getting OUT of the Corps is easier than getting into the Corps.

Sgt Mario said it well.

Us old salts sometimes forget, that new , stupid,(insert un-educated ) children
    are born everyday, and use tools to ask questions we never dreamed would ever
    exist. What we learned by experience serving in the Corps, is your benifit
    here on a computer.

Whoda thunkit,,,
    as soon as you leave , along will come another "Dumb Youngster"
    dont be offended

and probibly worse than the treatment you'll get with your questions in here
    after you leave, is we'll have another youngster enter and ask the same stupid
    question (in our mind)

i just said i wasnt sure how you stay in. How does that not make me capable of being a marine?

how am i a poser, i just asked HOW you stay in. Im not worried about staying in, yeah, im 15 years old call me a poser because it doesnt make sense at all. Ill be a real marine one day when i graduate high school, so what your saying has no point

Quote Originally Posted by jfmario View Post
    Ok, that's a little much. Sgt Hammer, you don't know enough about this person to say all that you said about him. He's in a thread entitled "ask a Marine" and nothing he is doing can remotely be considered "posing."
    furthermore, "why" is a perfectly legitimate question to be asking.

Matt, take it one contract at a time. You can reenlist is the short answer to your question. But no, not everyone can. Trust me, you might come to hate it a few years, many people do. At that point you'll be glad you can get out after 4. If not, stay motivated and do what you can to reeenlist.
    I'm getting out in a few years, I don't know exactly what I'm going to do, but that's not the end of the world.
    ok thanks man

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OK
    This thread has run it's course.

THREAD CLOSED

Thread Information