"how do I get back in" Sgt and below
Create Post
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

"how do I get back in" Sgt and below

post your questions here for answers.

What's the scoop on the maximum number of dependents you can have getting back in as a non-rate?

if you're married I think it's 3 - 4.... you're fine NM... one kid won't stop you.

single parent I think is 2... 3 needs a waiver.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    if you're married I think it's 3 - 4.... you're fine NM... one kid won't stop you.

single parent I think is 2... 3 needs a waiver.
    Not for me, I routinely see different numbers on here regarding how many you can have and whether or not there's a waiver.

Thanks, SSgt.

as I said, the single parent thing is different... having kids with another parent is generally ok... so long as you don't have 8.

money is factored in on the waiver process too, so if the spouse has a job that improves your chances as well.

Regarding Dependants

I have 2 kids. I am not the custodial parent (they do not live with me.) I am not married nor have I ever been married. I pay child support and have never been behind on payments. The kids' mother will go spastic-insane when she finds out I'm trying to re-enlist.

Can she prevent me from going back in? Is there some paperwork that she absolutely MUST sign that she could simply refuse to sign and therefore totally fvck me over?

SSgt Petz...Did the mods ever find your original "how do I get back in redux" thread? And what's the latest gouge about you getting back in...Anything new?

I am 31, and have been out for 8 years. I separated as a Cpl, after 4 years. I am married, and have 2 children. I was an 0311, but wouldn't want to go back as that. Since separating, I have earned a B.A./M.A... While the thought of going back in is nice, I get less traction with the recruiter than the thisisrandy fellow who is trying to enlist.

Quote Originally Posted by psyclopsus View Post
    I have 2 kids. I am not the custodial parent (they do not live with me.) I am not married nor have I ever been married. I pay child support and have never been behind on payments. The kids' mother will go spastic-insane when she finds out I'm trying to re-enlist.

Can she prevent me from going back in? Is there some paperwork that she absolutely MUST sign that she could simply refuse to sign and therefore totally fvck me over?

I would say you are fine... so long as you don't claim them as dependents you are fine. you know the details you need to cover with friend of the court.

as for the paperwork, you can start on it at any-time from now until February '10 but it'll stay at your RS...

once they open up the flood gates those packages will be sent up to district and so forth.

It's best to have a photo in uniform, have run a HIGH PFT as competition is now getting strong.

make sure you have flexibility with your MOS choice as it'll end up being critical MOSs and if you don't qualify for one you may have missed out on another.

Quote Originally Posted by samthomas View Post
    I am 31, and have been out for 8 years. I separated as a Cpl, after 4 years. I am married, and have 2 children. I was an 0311, but wouldn't want to go back as that. Since separating, I have earned a B.A./M.A... While the thought of going back in is nice, I get less traction with the recruiter than the thisisrandy fellow who is trying to enlist.

It's because they know Sgts and below are being put on hold while the Corps is so overfull.

I'd suggest maybe going for O-1... they are still in high demand and I think as long as you are willing to go through a boot camp'esque environment again you will suceed.

it's probably your fastest route back in, and the money will be MUCH higher since you already got 4 years in...

Cpl going to EOD

I am trying to go active from the smcr. I am stil a drilling reservist and I have over a year left on my contract. I have done all the peperwork n taken the interview and when I went to put my paperwork in they told me that the usmc isn't letting anymore reservists go active until Jan 1. This dosent make sence since our FY starts in oct. Can anyone help me with this.Buffalo RS said they called HQUSMC and they said the same thing,but I can't find any maradmin saying anything like this. Only that 2336 is in high demand, so why wouldn't they put me in?

Quote Originally Posted by Scubadvr1999 View Post
    I am trying to go active from the smcr. I am stil a drilling reservist and I have over a year left on my contract. I have done all the peperwork n taken the interview and when I went to put my paperwork in they told me that the usmc isn't letting anymore reservists go active until Jan 1. This dosent make sence since our FY starts in oct. Can anyone help me with this.Buffalo RS said they called HQUSMC and they said the same thing,but I can't find any maradmin saying anything like this. Only that 2336 is in high demand, so why wouldn't they put me in?
    Could you request to go active overseas? Afghani****s? Isnt radio operator in high demand, could you lat move?

No they won't let me do anything. That's what I am trying to do is lat move and for a reservist trying to get on a deployment is almost imposible.

No they won't let me do anything. That's what I am trying to do is lat move and for a reservist trying to get on a deployment is almost imposible.
    Man that sucks, you might need to wait a few months til the Marines get the new budget.

Hey your in fredricksburg, is that B-25 with one engine missing still at that small Airport?

it's jan '10 because they are letting the AD Marines have first crack at all the billets... then you can compete for whats left or what opens up.

They don't think they will close out in june next year either... they figure it'll be open through the rest of the fiscal year...

but you'll need your conditional release (dd-368) sent up through your command, it should be dated to expire at the end of your Obligated contract... and once that's done and your package is completed it will sit at your RS until jan '10 when it's submitted up to district and so on.

but it's important to have everything completed properly so you can compete and not have to keep re-submitting your package.

Thread Information