Need Advice About Parents Please.
Closed Thread

Need Advice About Parents Please.

I'm not sure whether I have properly introduced myself in the forums or not, either or please forgive me I need to get this post out there. So basically I come from a family where they expect me to get a job like a doctor or something with the medical field. I already told them I'm going to college, but that's not what I intend it's just a temporary cover-up so they don't over react. So here's the problem. This December I have to start sending in college applications, so I will be forced to tell her what my real goals are, to join the military. The main reason I've been hiding this, and I hope you guys don't get too harsh on me is because my family is very uptight and I can see them severly over reacting. If you guys can just put yourself in my situation and understand what I'm going through, it would be much appreciated if I can have some advice on how to tell her, and if she over reacts how to calm her down.

Topic closed until you have a complete profile....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.
    When profile is complete, PM any Squad Leader and topic will be reopened. You can find a list of Squad Leaders in the "sticky" section in the Ask A Marine forum.

And it's Marines, not guys.

Thread Information