How long for a waiver to get granted???
Create Post

How long for a waiver to get granted???

So i need a moral waiver for a crime from back when i was 15. it was criminal mischief for breaking car windows. Went to several recruiters from several branches who were to lazy to even run the paper work. Marines was my first choice. than I drove 1 hour and 15 mins to the next closest Marine recruiter told him the same thing said he didn't know if he could help me but picked up the phone and called HQ for recruiting they told him submit it. I have got some great letters of rec. One from a retired Marine DI and a current Captian. Just got all the paper work dont gets submitted in the morning. I'm just curious from people who have went through how long does it take for a waiver to get approved or denied?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thread Closed.
    Please fill out your profile completely before posting.
    Site rules.
    PM any Squad Leader to reopen thread when profile is completed with more than just a name.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Profile filled out.
    Thread Reopened.

The Marines here have no idea how long it will take for your waiver to be approved, or if it will be approved at all. With the Marine Corps downsizing, it's going to very hard for waiver like that to be approved.

Don't know if there is a "normal" length of time. Would think waivers are handled on a case-by-case basis. The Chief Warrant Officer (Operations Officer) who handles waivers for the recruiting district in St Louis was a Lance Corporal in my Marine Security Guard detachment in Port au Prince, Haiti (small Corps).

Good luck and let us know what they say.

So things have been moving along now found out I only need a RS waiver and if proved ill be swearing in next week

Thread Information