Medical Waiver
Create Post

Thread: Medical Waiver

Medical Waiver

My son received a medical waiver for psoriasis in July 2012, as of today's date we still haven't heard anything from anyone. My son last contacted his recruiter about 3 weeks ago, the recruiter told him there was no need to call he would advise him when he heard something. I find that a little strange.
    But anyways, how long does it take to get a response for a waiver and would a letter from our congressman help?
    He was in the Delayed Entry Program, passed his medicals while in there, had a outbreak, which we thought was a rash, and was told 12 days before departure he was dropped from the program.

I know it says P is a disqualifying factor, but why would they give him a waiver for it? is it wrong for me to call and talk to the recruiter?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Your Son's Recruiter knows all the ins and outs because that is his job.

Your Son was advised NOT to call and when the Recruiter hears something he will get back to him.

I would strongly take that advice.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Did they actually grant the waiver or just submit the paperwork for one? If the waiver is still pending, it is probably at BUMED and they handle waivers in their own time.

I would not call the recruiter, nor try to get a Congressman involved - this is your son's issue to handle. Most Congress Critters won't get involved in a recruiting matter anyway since there is no right to serve in the military.

His waiver was just submitted, I am assuming.
    His recruiter first told him he was discharged from DEP, then called 2 days later and said you are going to MEPS for eval, waiver was sent in and we have been waiting since.

Thanks

I wish him luck. I am suprised tyhat he didnt get disqualified because when he has an outbreak he is very prone to infections. So good luck to him.

Stephen doc Hansen hm3 FMF

Ok--so the recruiter tells us my son is permanently DQ'd, but he can try to enlist again 7 months.
    I have a few questions--
    1st-I know what permanent means--so why would the recruiter tell try again in 7 months? he was DQ'd after going to MEPS.
    2nd--would my son get a letter stating this or does the recruiter just tell him? I would assume there should be some paperwork stating this.
    3rd-will this DQ follow him forever in all services or just the Marines?
    4th-I heard MEPS gets rid of your paperwork after 2 yrs.

Thanks for reading and any help would be appreciated.

I'm surprised they DQ'd him for P. Don't they have a med out now that can all but completely eradicate it? I knew a couple guys who had P when I was in the Corps from 1981-2001. They didn't throw them out. Did they change something in the enlistment standards since then?

P never goes away, it might go in "remission" but he is always going to have it. I dont know when they put it into effect, but P is a reason for DQ now, and since the president is cutting back on the military, it is harder for kids like my son to get in(words from his recruiter)

Thread Information