"Kicked out of the Squadron"
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Kicked out of the Squadron"

My Colleague at works brother is a Youngin and don't know any better than to go out get drunk while on leave wreck his car leave the scene then get arrested and blow a .229. Geez talk bout stoopid, Why blow? Your going to lose your liscense anyways.

He plead guilty to DWI and in agreement with the DA who dropped the other charges agreed to 30 days in the can. The 30 days has been post poned until after his deployment to the great sand stratosphere known as Afganistan.

When he went back to his permanent duty station he got kicked out of his Squadron.

Anyone know what this means? What will the Corps do to him court martial for a DWI?

Thanks,

Kev

His career in the Corps is probably over.

Care to elaborate?

The Corps is looking to downsize. Why waste time and effort to continue to keep him in after being prosecuted? They should give him a BCD and then let him go do his jail time.

I agree also ,The Corps is downsizing big time and anyone who shows the least little ability to say in Trouble Will be the first to go. Just like corporates they get rid of the undesirables first and keep the Dedicated men and women aboard ship or in your case squadron...They use to TAD them out of there units to get rid of them..

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    The Corps is looking to downsize. Why waste time and effort to continue to keep him in after being prosecuted? They should give him a BCD and then let him go do his jail time.
    They can't give him a BCD without a court-martial conviction and a BCD is part of the sentence. However, he could get a General (and a really crappy RE code) as an admin sep.

If he was HMX-1, I'm not surprised he got the boot out of the squadron since that's a PRP violation he committed.

Even if he's allowed to finish his enlistment, he can likely kiss any re-up goodbye.

Thank God on that part !!!

Don't know what state he was caught in, but most of the states have an 0.08 legally drunk law. He blew .229; almost three times the legal limit. I don't know if he had other DUI's, but it appears that he may have.

If the Corps allows him to do a tour overseas,I would be surprised; however stranger things have happened. The best thing would give him a general, and get rid of him unless there are extreme extenuating reasons not to.

On the other hand, if he did a tour; rehabbed himself; towed the line; had satisfactory pros and cons; who knows.

Bottom Line; I would cut my loss's and show him the door.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Wrong war! During my time, the Corps took men with worse things than DWI on their record. I'm assuming most went on and made good Marines. They over looked a lot of rowdy behavior, in order to keep men that was willing to fight and die for their Country. It would make me no difference if the Marine covering my back had a DWI on his record or if he had a degree in staying sober.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Billy, you forget.... This is the NEW Marine Corps.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Wrong war! During my time, the Corps took men with worse things than DWI on their record. I'm assuming most went on and made good Marines. They over looked a lot of rowdy behavior, in order to keep men that was willing to fight and die for their Country. It would make me no difference if the Marine covering my back had a DWI on his record or if he had a degree in staying sober.
    Thinking the same thing; lot of guys back then had the choice; enlist or do time. But it is a new day and a new all volunteer force. The Corps won't waste its' time, nor should it, on problem cases. A shame a stupid decision could ruin a career, but it won't be the first, or last , time it happens.

Thanks Billy for that bit. I have known alot of Veterans in my short 44 years of life and have asked many men why did you go into the Army Airforce Marines and I would venture to say that 20% before 1980 stated that the Judge told them either join or go to jail so they joined being the lesser of the 2 evils.

Todays Service is so politically driven it sickens me. If you are not politically correct you are a ****bird. One of the main reasons I did my 6 and got out.

This Marine is a basic boot going from training in Mech school to his perm duty station. I served at HMX-1 Zulu 36 not this gent. I don't think just cause you have 1 bad night you should get a BCD, We were all young at one time and everyone of us made stupid mistakes but not all of us got caught.

Kev

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpl Heglar View Post
    Thanks Billy for that bit. I have known alot of Veterans in my short 44 years of life and have asked many men why did you go into the Army Airforce Marines and I would venture to say that 20% before 1980 stated that the Judge told them either join or go to jail so they joined being the lesser of the 2 evils.

Todays Service is so politically driven it sickens me. If you are not politically correct you are a ****bird. One of the main reasons I did my 6 and got out.

This Marine is a basic boot going from training in Mech school to his perm duty station. I served at HMX-1 Zulu 36 not this gent. I don't think just cause you have 1 bad night you should get a BCD, We were all young at one time and everyone of us made stupid mistakes but not all of us got caught.

Kev
    Well, then disregard everything about HMX-1 and PRP after "hello."

Things have changed across the board when it comes to drinking. Drunk driving was starting to become a big deal toward the end of my time in the Corps (76/77).

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Well, then disregard everything about HMX-1 and PRP after "hello."

Things have changed across the board when it comes to drinking. Drunk driving was starting to become a big deal toward the end of my time in the Corps (76/77).
    "The Secret Service Is Looking For A Few Good Men"

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    "The Secret Service Is Looking For A Few Good Men"
    GOOD POINT!!!

Thread Information