NO GED, 15 college credits current? yes, I saw the sticky
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

NO GED, 15 college credits current? yes, I saw the sticky

Hi,

I've already read the sticky on "Ged/diploma/college Credit Question...start Here". I have 15 college credits and spoke with a recruiter about joining. He said I need a GED and 15 college credits to be considered a tier 1 candidate.

I went back to college to take another class thinking I would have no problems joining. According to that sticky I should of been fine.

"DIRECT FROM A RECRUITER WHO POSTED THIS ON SITE FEB OF 10.

"An individual with 15 college credits, earned towards a degree, is considered a Tier I regardless of high school/grammar school education completed.. No GED required..""

"Per SSgt A, currently (21 June '11) on Recruiting duty, regarding 15 credits:

"Tier I applicants do not need an education waiver. After 15 college credits, you become tier I. If an applicant who is already a tier I (regular high school graduate or higher) has 15 or more college credits with a GPA of 2.2 or higher, then that applicant will rate a promotion.

It doesn't matter if you never went to school a day in your life prior to college. Once you get 15 credits, you are golden."

My concern is the latest information is from 21 June '11. I know the Military is currently cutting back and they're probably making policy's stricter to get the best candidates.

Talk is cheap, I want to earn the title. I'll get a GED if I have to; I just want to be sure it's required. Is the current policy GED required, along with 15 college credits true?

Thank you

I am not sure if any of this has changed recently but maybe you should call around other local recruiting stations and ask this question to different Marines and see what kind of response you get. That is the only thing I can suggest to you. Have fun man!

Thread Information