Thinking toward OCS
Create Post

Thinking toward OCS

Good afternoon all,

I am currently working with a Officer Selection Officer and his assistant to get ready for an application to OCS. I am due to graduate with my BS in spring of 2013. I am ecstatic at the potential opportunity join the ranks of such an elite force. I am looking to sign an aviation contract and would like any input you all can provide about this process and any hints/tips at getting myself accepted. Obviously I am working to score a 300 on PFT but what else can I look to include to make myself more competitive from your perspectives? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by busted21 View Post
    but what else can I look to include to make myself more competitive from your perspectives? thanks
    Do you mean beside what the OSO that you said is working with you, and his assistant, what they told you? Or above and beyond what the OSO you said is working with you, and his assistant have told you?

I'm confused.

Topic closed until you have a complete profile besides a first and last name.....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.
    PM any Squad Leader when profile is complete and then topic will be reopened. You can find a list of Squad Leaders in the sticky in the Ask A Marine forum.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    300 PFT, 300 CFT, 3.5 or higher GPA, all your letters of recommendation in order, and a lot of hoping you pass the OCC board. Especially since you want an Air contract.

Most Air contracts get locked down by PLC'rs. As long as you have everything you need for board squared away and as high of scores as possible there really isn't anything you can do. Your package goes in front of a board of a bunch of high ranking Marines and they decide from that, just hope that they have an air slot still open and you look better on paper than all the others.

Thread Information