Help would be appreciated.
Create Post

Help would be appreciated.

Hello all, new to the website, but I had to have an answer questioned an this looked like a good place to do it in. I looked an as far as I know this has not been asked. I'll start from the beginning, I've wanted to join the United States Marine Corps for a good while, and everything was going good, training wise I have not spoke to a recruiter yet. But then I got in a car crash. I was injured pretty heavily, that was two years ago an my injuries have healed except for some back pain every now an then. My father insists that a good strong core, back and abs, would make it not worth even acknowledging. My question, can I still join as long as my injuries no longer effect me? Or is the fact that i sustained such grievous injuries enough for them not to take me.
    I have not asked a recruiter because I know they are very busy, an the last thing I want is to waste there time.
    I read the rules an filled out a profile, an I am pretty sure everything is in order, any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to entertain the idea I could still join, but I suppose I have to be realistic as well. Thank you!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    we are not recruiters and you were not specific enough about your injuries. If it is something that is actually debilitating then I would say your chances are pretty slim but if it is just back pain from being weak then that shouldn't be an issues. But again we are not recruiters here and don't really know the details of some sort of waiver you may need. Go talk to a recruiter!

I suppose I should have been more specific about my injuries, it's just the back injuries is what concerns me. Thank you for the response nonetheless. I'll get in touch with a recruiter. Thanks again.

ill tell you what...depending on what MOS you decide to enlist into your back shouldnt be that much of a concern....

unless, of course, it involves you wanting to be a grunt then i suggest you stay away...

Thread Information