Advice for a devil pup/wannabe..?
Create Post

Question Advice for a devil pup/wannabe..?

Howdy!
    I just got done filling out my profile so don't worry! Well, I'm 15 and I'm a freshman in high school. I can do 10 dead hangs, 100 sit ups in 2 minutes, and I clean house in the 3mile run (I'm in cross country/track). I work out everyday, and i research and talk to Marines all the time! I every every once of respect in my soul for all Marines. I plan on enlisting in DEP my senior year (i turn 18 the summer before senior year), so I will be shipping to boot right outta high school. My question is: how can I get involved and stay on the right path to become a marine? I want to get involved in the community and stay fit. Problem is.. my school district doesn't have a jrROTC....

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Don't do drugs, don't drink, stay out of trouble, and just graduate. Only you can keep yourself on the "right path" to becoming a Marine. As annoying as it might get for your recruiter, go and hang out at the office a few times a week just to keep yourself around the Corps and motivated.

What would i do at the recruiters office? Would they allow me to participate in PT or would i just awkwardly sit in a chair?

and by the way- thank you for your answer sir!

I was only 16 when I first started talking to a recruiter, most of the time they are willing to allow you to join in the monthly PT sessions or if they have weekly and so forth, but dont get all butt hurt if they dont pay much attention to you. You have a few years before you can enlist and until you are close to the point of enlist they most likely wont show a whole lot of interest in you. The good part out of all of this is, if you show up every month, show your dedication, and when it comes time, enlist, they will most likely (cant say they will because not every single recruiter is good) do everything they can to get you what you because you have shown the dedication for the past few years so you are solid and good to go.

Thank you sir!

And, remember to be a typical teenager and enjoy your highschool years. They only come around once and fly by way too quickly (as you'll learn). The USMC will still be around when your time comes.

Good luck.

Thanks for the answers Marines! Thank you for your service and I can't wait to be your brother.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    try the Young Marines, knew a kid did this and was gauranteed pfc. here is a link for units in your area by info from your profile

http://youngmarines.com/StateUnits.asp?Action=Zip

Thread Information