The Boot, the Comic. By: Lcpl Vicario
Create Post

The Boot, the Comic. By: Lcpl Vicario

Hello friends, my name is Lance Corporal Vicario.
    I am a 3521 stationed in Camp Lejeune, NC. I love being a Marine, everyday i strive to be the best .
    I created The Boot back in march 2012, i've been working on them whenever i have a chance.
    The big majority of my strips are based on my experience in the USMC, some happened to friends of mine, and some were created by my wild imagination.
    I hope you enjoy The Boot to the best of your abilities, please post feedback. Thanks.
    Lcpl Vicario

This is my first comic strip.
    I've always been really motivated, but some of my senior lances are not, they usually dont like when i'm very loud, or i stand at parade rest even when i'm not supposed to...Attachment 22398

Credits
    Savings
    I was on the Island 5-5/6/7 2011 to see a graduation.
    I do remember your plt. 1036 good luck with your cartooning endeavor.

Thank you kindly, i am having some trouble when trying to enlarge the comic so you guys can read it better, i know its very hard to see the characters.
    Also, did you say you visited my graduation, what platoon was ur Marine in?

Marine Free Member McT ontheRock71's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Kevin,
    I took the liberty of taking your comic strip into photoshop just to see the size of the file. You may want to post your future renderings at 150 dpi instead of 72 dpi. This allows more for a higher resolution of your picture and it is still small enough for publication on the web. Also, you may want to refrain from using actual rough language in the strips balloons. Yes, I know that foul language is heard daily in the Corps, however, one can get the same effect in a comic by a series of graphics or creative punctuation.

There was a popular comic strip that used to run in Navy Times during the Viet Nam war titled "With Sgt. Mike". There were plenty of things to swear about but Mike's creator always found "creative ways" to express his point of view. Good luck with "The Boot" and keep drawing and perfecting your creation, you may be e day.
    Semper Fidelis
    Ken

Last edited by McT ontheRock71; 06-29-12 at 07:51 AM. Reason: spelling

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You may be e day.
    Ken

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Kevin,
    Go to Chesty's Hootch and look in the "biotch corner" thread. I just posted about editing posts here. I do speak the King's English.
    Ken

Thread Information