a whole lot of "Hurry up to wait" going on
Create Post

a whole lot of "Hurry up to wait" going on

So in March (2012) I went in to my local Marine Recruit Office talked to the Recruit Officer about what to expect going into the Marines, she answered my questions, took the pre-ASVAB, filled out med paperwork and she sent in all my paper work. I have been waiting almost 3 months to hear back from the medical people just to see if I can go to MEPS. I was just wondering how long other people have waited to hear back from their Recruit Officer. My grandpa and my father said just keep bugging her so that's what I've been doing, but nothing yet. Would it be too much to call her every day or every other day (I know Recruit Officers are vary busy)?

p.s. Also I have a few pics of a titanium plate and screws I have in my arm, if anyone could take a look at the pics and give me their thoughts on them that would be appreciated. And would the metal plate be the reason I haven't herd back from them yet.
    thank yall for taking the time to read

Quote Originally Posted by caveman21 View Post
    p.s. Also I have a few pics of a titanium plate and screws I have in my arm, if anyone could take a look at the pics and give me their thoughts on them that would be appreciated. And would the metal plate be the reason I haven't herd back from them yet.
    Its very doubtful that anyone on this board would be able to answer your question on the metal plate. I have been on the board for a few years and have yet to see a doctor around here. There are Corpsmen on here who have a lot of knowledge, but they cannot say if this plate would keep you out,mainly because they do not have a piece of paper that qualifies them as a doctor. If and when you ever become a Marine you will find that there is a whole lot of hurry up and wait. Good luck to you.

Credits
    Savings
    p.s.
    I have a few pics of a titanium plate and screws I have in my arm
    take a look at the pics and give me their thoughts on them that would be appreciated.
    And would the metal plate be the reason I haven't herd back from them yet ????????????

The "Magic 8 Ball" says.......................

YES

Credits
    Savings
    You're a welcomed change of pace from the normal

"I've got these AWSOME TATS"
    Do yahs think i can get in with a
    Waiver???????????????

Good Luck Youngster

Thanks for the honesty m14ed. I've wanted this a long time and more than anything so I cant give up yet, and I know It's a privilege to serve not a right so hopefully I can earn the right. Today I'm going to take the bus to the Recruit Office and see if she is there, lets hope so. And thanks for the info Old Marine.

Welcome to the federal bureaucracy AKA "the big black hole". Waiting is the least of your worries. You or your recruiter had better have a copy of your package because when it is officially "lost", you will have to begin the process all over again.

Good luck.

HAHAH Hurry up an wait.. oh brother this is just the tip of the ice berg.. everything in the Marine Corps is hurry up and wait.

You should give that recruiter a call every single day at exactly 0900.. why 0900... i have no idea.. but damnit you sure as hell will show her courage and commitment.. i quess you could show her honor by honoring the fact that she is a recuiter whose job is helping you to join.

In all seriousness, just be persistent and you will have your answer. They are getting a lot more strict on who they let into the Corps.. Just be persistant until you either get a "Yes, now lets get you to MEPs" or "No, you can't join".

Caveman I wish you all the best in your future endevers but Its most likely the medboard will turn you down.Becauser you wouldnt be able to do alot of thye strength exercises but Iam being totally honest unless things have changed in the past twenty years I was discharged in 1992. GOODLUCK MY Friend.

Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

Thread Information