Mailing a package from Australia to MCAS Iwakuni
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Mailing a package from Australia to MCAS Iwakuni

Hi,

I want to mail a package to my fiance who is based at MCAS Iwakuni, however, I am in Australia, and I was wondering if there were any special procedures to make sure that he receives it, (as I do not want it lost in the post)

If anyone can help me, that would be fantastic, and I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Topic closed until you have a complete profile besides a first and last name....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum when profile is complete and topic will be re-opened.

Also, since you are not married to your Marine fiance yet, you are not no Marine Spouse. PM Shaffer and ask him to change your status to Marine Friend.

NAIRUBIA dont they have insurance in or regestered mail in australia like we have in the us that is my suggestion good luck

SEMPER FI

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My suggestion is to to visit your local post office, tell them what you want to do, and follow their advice. Take the address with you for reference.

It is possible the package may have to travel to the US or Hawaii first in order to connect with the Fleet Post Office (FPO) system, so travel time may be a little longer than sending straight to a Japanese address. If you're sending cookies this might be an issue .

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks guys, and yeah, we have registered post.

I just wanted to know if there was anything extra that needed to be written on the package, as I'm pretty sure our postal workers would have the faintest idea of an APO/FPO address.

And I'll make sure I won't send him any cookies, I'll bake them for him when I get there

Thread Information