Dental work at Receiving
Create Post

Dental work at Receiving

Good Morning, Marines.

I am shipping to boot in 2 days and I have a question in regards to the dental work you undergo before training commences.

Currently, my lower left wisdom tooth is coming in and it has caused te surrounding gums to become swollen and painful.

Now it is my understanding that the military in general wants people who are in service to have Their wisdom teeth pulled and that the Corps does so to it's recruits while in boot.

My question is do they do so in receiving or during team week?

When my nephew went through boot camp in 2009, they removed his wisdom teeth during team week.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    i had all of mine done in like the 4rd week

I see, thank you for the insight, Marines.

All four (4) of my wisdom teeth were pulled out two days before we went out for our month in the field.

I used to always get that gum swelling, and I was very nervous going in to see the dentist.

The procedure wasn't bad at all, though, and I've never had a single problem with those teeth being gone since.

It all depends as to how bad they are. Some get theirs taken out early some get them out late, it all depends on how bad the dentist deems they are how bad they are bothering you how many recruits are going to the dentist that day. all those factors get taken into account.

Thread Information