New Poolee & his questions! Exciting
Create Post

New Poolee & his questions! Exciting

Good Evening, Marines

I was wondering what MOS's the CC contract had within it(?) (supply/admin? think its 3044) Also some insight into the daily life if anybody could shed some light.

Recently DEP'd, but found out I had a slight color vision impairment; so my Crew Chief contract was taken from me.
    Heard Supply had decent down time(true?), so since I don't have any interest in the given MOS options, I wanted to accept the MOS that gives me the ability to be the best Marine possible (time for MCI's, school, fitness).

Other options were CB (legal), CJ(Embark), CN (supply?), DC(Crypto), DD(Intel) annnd cook.
    88ASVAB, 120+ lines

Any help is appreciated. Still researching, but I trust your opinions.

Thank You
    -Ross
    aka NewSchool

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    so when you say you want an MOS to make you the best Marine possible you mean you want something with down time??be..believe me when I say you do NOT want down time. Down time implies that you have no mission to accomplish and nothing to do, at that point your SNCOIC will find work for you to do which you do NOT want.

Being the best Marine you can has nothing to do with your MOS and how much down time you have. The Corps is all about what you make of it.

All that said, I don't think a majority of us here can answer the question about what MOS's are included with those 2 letter codes you listed. You need to do your research and come back with an actual MOS field.

I think I know what you're looking for. You want to be well-rounded and excell as much as possible.

From my experience, what you are able to accomplish is not so much a matter of the MOS but where you are assigned, what your unit's operational tempo is, and how much personal time you're willing to sacrafice. Of course, you can't go to school while you're working so any off duty education will have to be done after you get off and on weekends. I finished both my AA and BS degrees while on active duty by the time I was a SSgt which meant most of my evenings and weekends were spent in classrooms and not doing much else. This was more related to my willingness to sacrafice my free time than it was my MOS (combined with the fact the units I was with during these years did not deploy often). Most MCI courses are worked on during your own time as well so your MOS should not be a factor.

Physical fitness is not much different. Once you leave bootcamp, depending on your unit, most PT is done individually and on your schedule. Some Commanding Officers schedule organized PT and some don't; you will find most of the organized PT in Fleet Marine Forces (FMF) units. Many Marines PT during their lunch hour to fit it in their day. As a personal example, when I was on Inspector-Instructor duty with a Reserve Company, the I-I staff did not have organized PT; whatever PT we got in we did on our own and on our own schedule. This had nothing to do with our MOS's; it's just how the Inspector-Instructor ran his staff. On the other hand, when I was on embassy duty, our training schedule included organized PT 3 days a week. MSG's come from all MOS fields so once again, our MOS had no bearing.

My point is, you will be able to be the best Marine possible in any of the MOS fields you listed. Your success will be directly related to how hard you work and how much you're willing to sacrafice to attain your personal and professional goals. Your unit's mission, deployment schedule, and operational tempo will have a bearing on what you can accomplish but your actual MOS not so much.

If you can, look into Comm. IMO has some of the best Duty options, we go everywhere and are rated everywhere.

Well if your not gonna be a grunt, out of your options I think intel would be the most interesting. You also spoke of school so im assuming your looking out for your future. Intel experience, and the clearances you will obtain can get you very far in your civilian life after the Corps (FBI, CIA, ETC.) Look into it, think about it.

Thread Information