How to actually get Command Recruiting Referral points for cutting score?
Create Post

How to actually get Command Recruiting Referral points for cutting score?

Hello, I'm starting to get my cutting scores and something that is a little unclear to me is how exactly you get these points?

"E-3s and E-4s can refer individuals to recruiters. If those individuals then enlist in the Marine Corps, the E-3/E-4 will receive 20 bonus points for each individual referred"

Does the potential recruit need to mention me during the recruiting process / dep program and then the recruiter will take care of getting it in the papers? Or do I need to speak with admin people on my end and start it from my side?

Or what if a friend already finished bootcamp is there any way to retroactively get the points if they speak to their recruiter and let them know?

-Sam

Your recruiter will have the ARMS operator in the RS operations section give you the credit for the recruitment of the individual(s) in ARMS. Either the RI clerk or admin clerk will send an AMHS message to your command or mail a referral letter to your command referencing the number of referrals you were responsible for than enlisted, and your admin section will credit you with the bonus points on the unit diary. I believe the maximum is still 100 points.

very thorough response. thank you.

a quick add on question... If you receive these bonus point before you are eligible for a composite score due to time in grade. do the point just sit and wait or do they just fade out?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s4m222 View Post
    a quick add on question... If you receive these bonus point before you are eligible for a composite score due to time in grade. do the point just sit and wait or do they just fade out?
    they work just like your education points. they sit in your training record until you pick up Cpl., at which point it will zero out just like your education points and TIG.

sweet, that is what I assumed, and what makes sense... but doesnt hurt to verify. Thank you

I don't know if this thread is still active or not, but I have a question regarding the same subject. Are these referral points a separate 100 points available from the Self education points, or are referrals and self education worth 100 points combined. I've been getting mixed messages from my NCO's and I'd like some outside knowledge about it.

Self-education bonus points, i.e, MCI's, off-duty education, etc., are separate.

Thank you Master Guns. I found the MCO for this earlier and I finally have written proof of what I was looking for. I appreciate the response.

Thread Information