Marine Utilities on non Marines
Create Post

Marine Utilities on non Marines

Heres something ive been thinking about and that has been kinda irking me. How do you ladies and gentlemen feel about people who are not Marines wearing our utilities? Im talking like Poolees Rotc what have you? I have been seeing this alot lately, Ive been seeing pictures of poolees with Utilities, and there is one that is somehow allowed to show up to our detatchment PT's and he wears utilities when we do boots n Utes.

So what is the big deal? You can buy them in most surplus stores. If you have a problem with it, take it out behind a building and knock them on their azz, otherwise ignore it. If your NCO's are not taking care of it. then it must not be a big deal. New Corps.

You are going to find a lot of things that both Marines and cives do that will drive you nuts. Like burning our stars and strips. The surpream court has ruled it is a farm of free spesch.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    So what is the big deal? You can buy them in most surplus stores. If you have a problem with it, take it out behind a building and knock them on their azz, otherwise ignore it. If your NCO's are not taking care of it. then it must not be a big deal. New Corps.
    The thing that irks me is they didnt earn the right to wear it, I may have only been in the Corps for a few months but I earned my place as a Marine I earned my Eagle Globe and Anchor. to me it feels like that recruit who dragged ass all through out boot camp and shouldnt have graduated but they pushed him through anyways someone who just doesnt deserve to wear it and or hasnt earned the right to.

Well, at the end of the day, there's one thing they don't have. The actual title, Marine. To me it's just a uniform, but of course I have pride in wearing it. It's just symbolization to the title we have, in my honest opinion. I don't exactly like it either, but civilians will be civilians.

Those in MROTC/JMROTC do rate to wear USMC utilities. The MARPAT issued to the USMC are made by American Apparel Inc. Look carefully at most of the so called MARPAT that paint ballers, airsofters and others wear. Most of the time, they are not 'official' USMC uniforms and don't even have the EGA on left upper pocket of the blouse and several EGA w/ USMC underneath throughout the trousers and blouse. Look carefully on your uniform. Plus, it's a cammo pattern which is based off a Canadian pattern CADAT. As long as they don't say that they are Marines/Corpsmen when they are not, it's not an issue. In 20-30 yrs the USMC will change to a new pattern.

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    Heres something ive been thinking about and that has been kinda irking me. How do you ladies and gentlemen feel about people who are not Marines wearing our utilities? Im talking like Poolees Rotc what have you? I have been seeing this alot lately, Ive been seeing pictures of poolees with Utilities, and there is one that is somehow allowed to show up to our detatchment PT's and he wears utilities when we do boots n Utes.
    When my son was last home on Leave, (at Christmas) We went to the mall, and I saw a guy walking towards us with cammies on, and his name tape said US Marines, I showed my son, and he got really mad, he pretty much handed him his azz. I didn't hear the whole conversation, but he said what the he** are you doing, ( pretty sure he did this because of the not wearing the cammies out in public rule) Evidently he is a poolee, and he wanted take his senior picture in the cammies. He told him to get the he)) out of the mall, take the sunglasses off, he was wearing them backwards, and go get a haircut. The poolee referred to him at least 3 times as sir, and my son had nothing Marine related on at all, and he got the sh-- scared out of him. My son was so mad, and said he has no idea what it means to wear the uniform.

How many Marines went home on emercere leave from Vietnam in there bush utilies to home? I know of a few.

There will always be the pretenders, chit everybody wants to be like us, yup we will always be The Few, The Proud, THE MARINES,OOHRAH,Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yo Munky versus Robot...I used too play Pony League on Ft.Belvoir...lived on tha Potomac by Mt.Vernon,My PaPa was a lifer running the S2-S3-Section.If I saw some MS-13 Punks wearing USMC Utes I'd bury their Dead Asses in the Quick Sand back by the Old Back gate by LORTON!!! S/F

Our uniform regulations do not pertain to civilians and they are not subject to the UCMJ. We may not like them wearing something they do not rate (in our eyes anyway) but they are not breaking any laws that I know of. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

TN TOP. 100% correct. UCMJ not applicable to civilians. As many are aware, civilians found wearing unearned fruit salad can get away...until he steps into a dark alley and trips on a footlocker. Don't know how it got in the alley...

Thread Information