Two generations apart, both Marines :)
Create Post

Two generations apart, both Marines :)

So I was attending my sisters high school graduation today. I'm not exactly sure why, but I decided to wear my dress blue deltas. Wasn't really trying to soak up the "attaboys" per se, but I figured it was the least I could do since I had already had them dry cleaned. Anyhow, being the only Marine (in uniform at least) there, they kind of came anyways. Ran into a few Vietnam era Marines, exchanged handshakes and words and carried on. Shortly before the ceremony began, an older gentleman tapped me on the shoulder and asked me who I was here to watch graduate. I told him I was here for my sister, and he introduced himself as a former Marine. But not just any Marine it seems. I had the privilige to shake hands and exhange words with Major General (Ret.) Robert E. Haebel. He told me about his ventures in WWII, Korea and Vietnam and of course how he served as a Commanding General of MCB Camp Pendleton (where I currently reside). He asked me my plans for the future, complimented me on carrying the torch, etc. I was utterly humbled to be in his presence. I asked him if I could have the privilege to take a picture with him. After all, it's not every day you meet a Major General who served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. Here's my picture with him that I'll probably keep with me for a very long time. I dunno, I thought it was cool.

Attached Images Attached Images

Credits
    Savings
    OOH RAH !
    You're right, an honor to share time

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Outstanding !!!
    Thanks for sharing with us.

Semper Fi,