Pregnancy questions regarding boot camp
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Pregnancy questions regarding boot camp

What if I got a girl pregnant before I went to boot camp? Shes not my wife or girlfriend (nor do I have a wife/ girlfriend so its not adulatory I am aware that's against policy.), it was a 1 night stand. Its still not 100% confirmed as mine, but I don't know how I should approach this. If its mine i'l pay child support and what not, but how is this going to affect my training, and possible career in the Corps?

I don't really see how it would affect anything, to be honest.

Except if you do not take care of your business, then your command finds out, and then all hell breaks loose.

So, take care of your business, if it happens, and life goes on its merry way.

Credits
    Savings
    nobody ever told you to
    wrap it before you tap it

?????

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I was just wondering if I should wait until im done with all my training before I do anything official/legal about it. I don't care much for custody. The thing is that its due before I leave for boot camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentll View Post
    I was just wondering if I should wait until im done with all my training before I do anything official/legal about it. I don't care much for custody. The thing is that its due before I leave for boot camp.
    if it comes before you leave for boot camp, then find out for sure if it is yours,, then if it is you can set up an allotment to be sent directly to the woman for the child care, it will come right out of your pay and you will never see it,, but there will be a paper trail so if she tries to pull anything you have records,,if it is not yours by DNA test then no worries,,

Quote Originally Posted by Sentll View Post
    I'm gonna take a SWAG and say if you hit it on the first date then you aren't the first or only one.

Get a DNA test.

If "it" is yours, be a man and take care of what you started, planned or not.

Good luck.

Dat baby don't look like me.

You may be worried for no reason. Get a paternity (DNA) test now and know for sure. I'm sure the girl wants to know too so she should agree to the test.

If it turns out to be yours you are legally responsible for child support at the time of birth so it wouldn't be a good idea to put it off till after you complete all your training. As mentioned above, all it takes is one phone from the mother to your command and you will catch hell for not taking care of your legal responsibilities. Plus, you'll be behind in your support payments and possibly owe a lot of money (which you won't have being a private).

Bottom line; don't put it off. Be proactive. Find out the truth and go from there. Either way, you'll be glad you did.

Oh...and keep it in your trousers...

definately as advised wait till it comes out and find out if it is yours, dont sign the birth certificate until it has been proven to be yours.

next when you get to boot camp youll have to try and set up an allotment for it, you wont get anything in regards to BAH towards it until you have a writ for child support I believe. Id definately speak to your recruiter about this because if it is yours I belive the child needs to be in your paperwork or you can get into some trouble.

Thread Information