parachute riggers
Create Post

parachute riggers

I just have a question , im going to boot camp in oct. Im going to choose the mos i want soon and i was looking at parachute rigger; are there any rigger or any marine that would know anything about jumping that could tell me what are the most common injuries jumpers have?

Thanks Daniel Rodriguez

I only have 5 military jumps to my name, but I'll give you what I know.

Jump school -- I assume you still jump the old T-10's -- those make you more of a lawn dart. A heavy lawn dart. So unless you do a good PLF, and/or get lucky -- you are going to hit hard each jump. I used to tell people they should call it "Land School" not "Jump School".

My second jump I hit very hard and was what Sgt. Airborne likes to call a "Head Banger". Normally, you go home for that -- but like Bill Clinton -- I just denied, denied, denied.

My roomate in Greece came from ANGLICO, he was an Admin Marine and had his gold wings with over 100 jumps. He loved it, I'm sure you will, too.

Once you are in the fleet you will jump all the chutes you pack. Some of those newer and more sophisticated chutes make landing a cake walk.

Injuries happen, don't let get banged up stop you from doing a cool MOS. You might bust an ankle or shatter your hip, but hey -- that's what rehab is for.

Good luck, take chances and have fun while you can.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    I only have 5 military jumps to my name, but I'll give you what I know.

Jump school -- I assume you still jump the old T-10's -- those make you more of a lawn dart. A heavy lawn dart. So unless you do a good PLF, and/or get lucky -- you are going to hit hard each jump. I used to tell people they should call it "Land School" not "Jump School".

My second jump I hit very hard and was what Sgt. Airborne likes to call a "Head Banger". Normally, you go home for that -- but like Bill Clinton -- I just denied, denied, denied.

My roomate in Greece came from ANGLICO, he was an Admin Marine and had his gold wings with over 100 jumps. He loved it, I'm sure you will, too.

Once you are in the fleet you will jump all the chutes you pack. Some of those newer and more sophisticated chutes make landing a cake walk.

Injuries happen, don't let get banged up stop you from doing a cool MOS. You might bust an ankle or shatter your hip, but hey -- that's what rehab is for.

Good luck, take chances and have fun while you can.

Do alot of jumpers have hip problems ? correct me if im wrong but i would think you could get discharged for something like that right? thanks alot for answering my question. My recruiter called the other day and said i can go July 23rd but he couldnt guarantee me the job but he can guarantee me the job field. Should i be worried? i don't want to go in thinking im going to have the mos i wanted but in the end im doing something completely different.

Thanks alot for sharing your experiences with me i really appreciate it.

Do alot of jumpers have hip problems ? correct me if im wrong but i would think you could get discharged for something like that right? thanks alot for answering my question. My recruiter called the other day and said i can go July 23rd but he couldnt guarantee me the job but he can guarantee me the job field. Should i be worried? i don't want to go in thinking im going to have the mos i wanted but in the end im doing something completely different.

Thanks alot for sharing your experiences with me i really appreciate it.

If you focus on getting hurt then you will get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by drodriguez4848 View Post
    Do alot of jumpers have hip problems ? .
    Nope, just former jumpers.

Good luck.

Thread Information