If you fail 2 MOS will you get discharged? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by singleo View Post
    Ok, some of you talking tough obviously did not read my original post. I never said he was a grunt. I asked if he could switch to being a grunt. Please go back and re-read before you answer. And be respectable when you answer. I am not in the military. I am just civilian.
    Some people are a bit direct, am I am usually "Sgt Chill" However.. you're son is kinda sucking at his Job atm. His Job at this time is "Student" and he is performing poorly. Please inform him, that he needs to stop sucking.

Otherwise he's going to hit the Fleet, and expect Sgts like me to babysit him. I treat my PFC / LCpls as men. He should expect the same fomr his Cpls and Sgts.

My first thought is this is a troll question. But, I'll play along for now.

I think you/snm are mistaken if you think they are going to take a somebody who fails because they are "bored with it" and put them in the grunts.

First of all, that is a lame excuse. Second of all, grunts are not where they stick rocks, or slow learners. If he can't focus enought to sit in classes all day then being a grunt isn't going to be his forte - either. Grunts sit in a lot of classes, important classes where you need to pay attention.

He'll more than likely end up in supply, motor t or being a chef. No offense to those Marines out there.

Good luck.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ok, some of you talking tough obviously did not read my original post. I never said he was a grunt. I asked if he could switch to being a grunt. Please go back and re-read before you answer. And be respectable when you answer. I am not in the military. I am just civilian.
    singleo
    Tone down the attitude, you came into a Marine house and asked Marines for answers.
    They are giving them, everyone of us has earned the title and demand that respect.
    The Marines that you say are talking tough have darn well earned that right.
    They are telling you what grunts expect, nothing more,nothing less.

Last edited by ChuckH; 06-11-12 at 07:50 AM.

Credits
    Savings
    First MOS required a lot of classroom studying (was bored with it.)
    Second MOS is THE same lots of studying and classes all day.
    He scored high in ASVAP
    but he can't study
    and can't keep his interest.
    Fears he will fail. Again.

Any chance you can get into a more hands on and less books type of MOS. Maybe an 03xx?

In a way it is my fault because I convinced him he could do it and would be better when he got out with some transferable skills. I am not saying that 03xx doesn't have it as well, but I am more of the book type. Thats what I know.

I hope he doesn't get dropped. That would be devastating.

thanks
    -concerned dad.
    Ok, some of you talking tough
    obviously did not read my original post.
    I never said he was a grunt. I asked if he could switch to being a grunt. Please go back and re-read before you answer.
    And be respectable when you answer.
    I am not in the military.
    I am just civilian.
    Come-on...
    Your son was given tests to find what fields he qualified for.
    was given test to find fields he had the ability to learn.
    your son was sent to school for at least one of the areas he should
    have been able to "LEARN" / train into..
    tell him.
    Knuckle down.
    Buckle Down.
    and Do it..

Nobody wants a quitter
    Grunts, Especially.

Opportunities are afforded to those who work for them. While at MOS school we had two marines fail and get dropped from class twice. One had talked to his instructor, gone to study groups, and tried his best. Our Instructor intervened with the CO Gunny on his behalf and they worked it out so he got put into an MOS he wanted. The other marine just gave up and refused to try. His Instructor did nothing for him and the Gunny condemned him 29 Palms purgatory till he could finally graduate. To my knowledge, he is still there in classes after a year and a half of first getting there.

In the Marine Corps Infantry the lowest form of life is a quitter. Lower than Whale ****. Perhaps the most difficult MOS in the MC is that of being a grunt. Long hours of instruction, the final test is often whether you can stay alive during the "practical application" of what you have learned. Grunts are not **** birds, who do you think wins all the battles close up and personal.

The MC has made the decision that your son is not qualified to be a grunt, for one reason or another. Being a Marine is much more than graduating from boot camp, it is the day to day standing up to responsibility and doing one's duty. Remember, the MC did not seek out your son, he sought us out.

You could stand a few lessons of respect yourself, remember the apple does not fall far from the tree. If you do not like the answers you receive here stop asking questions.

Thread Information