My son has joined the Marines!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My son has joined the Marines!

I never thought I would be posting something like this, but, my son enlisted in the Marines on Monday the 5th. What, me proud? You better believe it. I guess I have dual eligibility on this site now, being a Marine and having my son joining up. So far, everything is moving pretty fast, as they want him to go to MEPS as early as next week for his physical and ASVAB. I guess I will keep everyone posted as things develop. Funny...I have always known how to conduct myself on here as a Marine, but now I am a Marine (to be) parent. Kinda neat......

Great news!

Congrats!

Credits
    Savings
    Congratulations to Both, Pop & Son. Won't be long til you'll have a son and a Brother. Let me tell you there are many of us here that know that feeling and Brother it's Great. You think you were proud when you Marched across that Parade Deck. Wait til you watch him. ( Marines do cry)....

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Outstanding !!!
    Congrats to You and Your Son.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    Congratulations to Both, Pop & Son. Won't be long til you'll have a son and a Brother. Let me tell you there are many of us here that know that feeling and Brother it's Great. You think you were proud when you Marched across that Parade Deck. Wait til you watch him. ( Marines do cry)....
    Congrats,,,

just remember these phrases

"Back in the OLD CORPS"
    or, you can always slap him with,
    BOOT!

and yld, dont forget the old always puts them in their place............................................. .......

Been there, done that.

OUTSTANDING....and congrats to both you & your son!

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    The "REAL" thrill will be when he graduates as a Marine... He will have a totally different understanding of the "Old Man".. and the "Old Man" will have found a new soft spot for his kid..

CONGRATULATIONS to both yourself and Son... Semper Fi Marine...

congrats

Update: Dylan (that would be my son) has left for MEPS. We met with his recruiter this morning, went over docs, and I coached him on the whole MEPS thing before he got on the shuttle. I can't wait for him to get back tomorrow afternoon. I may be more nervous about this whole process than he is. Funny thing...

Congrats, how did you steer him away from the army? Semper Fidelis

His only reason for not going Marine right out the gate was because he says he is not a strong swimmer and Marines are amphibious. He was afraid he would get DQ'd for being a weak swimmer. After getting a lot of help and encouragement in here, and talking with the recruiter, he signed on the dotted line on his 2nd visit to the recruiter. So, as it turns out, he wanted to go Marine the entire time.

outstanding,, congrats..

Quote Originally Posted by YLDNDN6 View Post
    His only reason for not going Marine right out the gate was because he says he is not a strong swimmer and Marines are amphibious. He was afraid he would get DQ'd for being a weak swimmer. After getting a lot of help and encouragement in here, and talking with the recruiter, he signed on the dotted line on his 2nd visit to the recruiter. So, as it turns out, he wanted to go Marine the entire time.
    OOHRAH,Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    This is great news. Congradulations to you both as Im sure your a proud father as I would be if my son decided in 12 years that he wanted to join. Does he or you have any clue on what MOS he wants to get? For 03's. 0311, or 0352(tow missle gunner) are the only ones i would advise as they are not overfilled and he could see e-4 or e-5 in the first enlistment, other then that If hes doing somthign he likes then maybe he will stay in.

Im excited, always good to start your own family tradition of the Corps, maybe someday his son will join and his sons son.

Im a 4th Gen Marine going all the way back to WWI

Congrats sir. You should be proud, very proud.

Thread Information