Could I wear the USMC Dress Blue Uniform...even though I enlisted in another service?
Create Post

Could I wear the USMC Dress Blue Uniform...even though I enlisted in another service?

To All,
    I enlisted in the Marine Corps in May, 1987. During my 4-year enlistment I served at Cubi Point, Subic Bay PI, and Lima Co., 3/5. Served in Operation Just Cause and Operation Desert Storm at a Fire Team Leader; Honorable Discharge. Since my enlistment, I joined the Army National Guard and the Colorado Air National Guard, where I am currently enlisted. I'm 43 and even though I served/serve in other branched of our military, I ALWAYS considered myself a Marine and served in the other branches no differently. Now, I am planning a wedding with my fiance and she wants me to wear the Marine Corps Dress Blue Uniform. I searched the web and reg.'s concerning this matter and I cannot find anything that would preclude me from wearing the Dress Blue Uniform. I'm still awaiting direction from my father, a retired Marine O-6. I would be proud to wear the uniform once more for this very important occasion. I suppose if there is a majority of current and former Marines that would oppose, then I would relent and not wear the uniform. But what is the long standing Marine Corps motto: "Once a Marine...ALWAYS a Marine!" Please advise.

Wear the Blues, you earned the title.

You were in a good unit, I'm a former 3/5 Marine from the 60's. S/F

Wear it.

Just make sure it looks right -- don't be a soup sammi

But I am sure you know that and will honor the current Marines by doing so.

Semper Fi

When attending NG functions, wear the Army or AF uniform, but if it totally not connected with it, you can wear the MC Blues...as stated, you earned it. The entire time I was in the Army NG, I never wore a Marine uniform. I did wear my 1st Marine Air Wing patch for Vietnam. I also wore the MC buckle. No one ever said a word about either one except for other Marines in the Guard. The Vietnam vets began wearing their patches for 1st and 3rd MarDiv. I don't know the proper protocol as per MC regs, but I am OK with it. Now that I am fully retired (11.5 years in the Corps and 23.5 in the NG) I would want to wear the MC uniform for special functions. I am currently buying dress blues from ebay where there are some good bargains. I want to be laid to rest for the rest of eternity in my blues. If you want to get married in them, go for it unless someone can tell you that it is against regs.

Credits
    Savings
    Wear the Blues proudly.
    You earned the title.

ONCE A MARINE------

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Wear it Brother.
    You earned it !!!

Thread Information