Civilian looking to be a Marine Reservist....Need all info possible! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27
  1. #16
    [QUOTE=jeonpaolo;860699]No branch is better than another, they all do their own thing supporting DOD. There are times every single Marine no matter what rank has asked themselves what are they doing here. QUOTE]

    Don't you have to love Lance Corporals? They've been in for 2-3 years and have all the answers. Never thought I'd hear another Marine tell some civilian the USMC is no better than any other branch. Really? Don't they instill a sense of pride and teach esprit de corps or USMC history in bootcamp anymore? I served 22.6 years and never doubted I was a member of the finest fighting force on this planet (our history bears that out). Over those years, can't remember ever asking myself what I was doing in the USMC. If that's the case, why would career Marines keep reenlisting time-after-time? I love Lance Corporals; if you ever want to know something about the USMC, just ask one; they have all the answers!


  2. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureMarine52 View Post
    Yes i am deffinatly all over the place. Can you MARINES help me out please, instead of trying to ridicule me. DAMN...and capitalizing MARINES doesnt change anything. I respect my marines my family has about 5 marines that are hard to get ahold of. capitalizing the word doesnt do jack. WHY WOULD YOU JUMP ON MY THREAD AND START RIDICULING ME. Instead of offering help.
    Change the attitude there young man. This is a Marine Corps site, and you are just a guest here. No one is ridiculing you, just merely pointing out the site rules. You don't like what answers you are getting, no matter what they are, then you wont make it in OUR Marine Corps.
    The site owner put rules into place to be followed....you either follow them or you don't....plain and simple. You don't like the rules, you can PM the site owner, Shaffer.

    If you have anything further to say to me, DO NOT take it up here on the boards, PM me and we will discuss it that way.



  3. #18
    Marine Free Member ChuckH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Stamford
    Posts
    772
    Credits
    17,758
    Savings
    0
    Images
    1
    FutureMarine52 gets a 5 day time out for total disrespect.


  4. #19
    Marine Free Member ChuckH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Stamford
    Posts
    772
    Credits
    17,758
    Savings
    0
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureMarine52 View Post
    Yes i am deffinatly all over the place. Can you MARINES help me out please, instead of trying to ridicule me. DAMN...and capitalizing MARINES doesnt change anything. I respect my marines my family has about 5 marines that are hard to get ahold of. capitalizing the word doesnt do jack. WHY WOULD YOU JUMP ON MY THREAD AND START RIDICULING ME. Instead of offering help.
    First off this is OUR house and you don't come in here and disrespect ANY Marine.
    2nd. This ISN'T YOUR thread.


  5. #20
    Nobody here is ridiculing you. If we were, you would know it believe me.

    I have spent some time attempting to answer your questions but my answers don't seem to stick for whatever reason.

    Anyway, take your 5 day suspension and learn something from it. There are rules on this site and you will follow them (you need to read them). There are a lot of rules in the USMC as well and you will follow them (except when you violate those rules you don't get a suspension; they take away your liberty, portions of your pay, a stripe, throw you in the brig, or kick you out). Next time, there will be no suspension...you will just be gone.


  6. #21
    Did I offend someone?


  7. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Did I offend someone?
    You didn't offend him wookie. He didn't like the fact that I suggest he read the site rules and capitalize Marine.



  8. #23
    Appears to me the OP should just stay home, go work for his dad, and focus on body building since that is such a priority. He obviously is confused about what he wants to do and has no clue about the USMC (regardless of our attempts to answer his questions). Anybody who "thinks" they would enjoy walking guard duty at midnight has some serious issues. He also has a lot to learn regarding showing proper respect for authority, rules, and regulations. Makes you wonder how he would react to the rules at his dad's plant.


  9. #24
    Master Sergeant, thats not how I meant it. Obviously I love the Marines more than anything else, but I still respect every other branch and think they all also do great things. I do take pride in the uniform I wear, my physical and mental appearance. What I mean in saying theres no better branch was that all branches do great things to support the DOD, the Corps has more brotherhood and espirit than any other branches. In my personal oppinion, that makes it better to me. But I was trying to explain it in an unbiased view. And there has been times where a Marine has asked himself what is he doing here usually when going through tough times. It obviously didn't last long and you have Marines who reenlist. Most common during the PFC/young Lance years since they are new and aren't fully adjusted yet. The day later, you look back on it after getting through that tough time and just think of it as another easy day. I should have written it more clearly that was my fault MSgt


  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by jeonpaolo View Post
    I was trying to explain it in an unbiased view. I should have written it more clearly that was my fault MSgt
    I understand; it was an honest mistake. But, never be concerned about being biased toward the USMC Devil Dog. In fact, I would expect you to be. Afterall, this is a Marine Corps site so please, be as biased as you want to be. As long as we know we're the best that's all that matters (the fact history proves it just makes our case clearer). There is a reason one of our slogans is "the few the proud"; take every opportunity you can to proclaim our service to be the best and you will never be wrong.

    Finally, there is nothing wrong with giving your personal opinions but it is wrong to make broad general statements like "every single Marine has asked themselves...". You do not speak for all of us and considering your inexperience, certainly not NCO's, Staff NCO's, and career Marines in particular. Like you say, you just didn't explain yourself very clearly. Fair enough; just pay more attention and think about what you're going to write before you actually write it and how it's going to be received by those of us who are going to read it. You have been a member here for a couple years now so you should know the importance this site places on proper spelling, punctuation, grammar, and composition (in fact, all of those are rules of this site with the purpose of keeping it as professional as possible). You don't just throw a bunch of thoughts up on your computer monitor and expect they'll stick without being scrutinized.


  11. #26
    I didnt and probably wont read through all the post but I'll give you some insight in the MCR.

    I'm fresh in my unit just being out of MOS school for a month and a half now. The reserves is a different animal from AD. Real lax and chill which could get you in trouble if you just forget everything you've been taught.

    My recruiter told me this statement and it holds true. "After bootcamp and MCT once all the bs is over and you go to MOS youll see what the Marine Corps finally is....youll regret going reserves." If he wasnt right....I want to transfer to AD NOW but cant so I volunteer for whatever I can. I've already done more funeral honor duties then some lcpls/cpls at my unit. The hardest thing is just being able to keep up your physical standards and your attitude really. If you can I recommend active duty but if you have a great job back home and still want to become a Marine go reserves.


  12. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    I understand; it was an honest mistake. But, never be concerned about being biased toward the USMC Devil Dog. In fact, I would expect you to be. Afterall, this is a Marine Corps site so please, be as biased as you want to be. As long as we know we're the best that's all that matters (the fact history proves it just makes our case clearer). There is a reason one of our slogans is "the few the proud"; take every opportunity you can to proclaim our service to be the best and you will never be wrong.

    Finally, there is nothing wrong with giving your personal opinions but it is wrong to make broad general statements like "every single Marine has asked themselves...". You do not speak for all of us and considering your inexperience, certainly not NCO's, Staff NCO's, and career Marines in particular. Like you say, you just didn't explain yourself very clearly. Fair enough; just pay more attention and think about what you're going to write before you actually write it and how it's going to be received by those of us who are going to read it. You have been a member here for a couple years now so you should know the importance this site places on proper spelling, punctuation, grammar, and composition (in fact, all of those are rules of this site with the purpose of keeping it as professional as possible). You don't just throw a bunch of thoughts up on your computer monitor and expect they'll stick without being scrutinized.
    Rahhh MSgt! I won't anymore, my fault again. I can admit though it was very hard trying to be unbiased without bluntly putting who is best

    futureMarine52, either way just go with what you really want to do. I wanted to be a Marine for the longest time since the 90s and that just what I did with a help of alot of dedication and motivation. You will figure it out. But if you aren't really sure about the Marines or care more about the money/GI Bill stuff, then well...not really sure the Corps is the route to go...


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts