Do infantry slots fill up quick?
Create Post

Do infantry slots fill up quick?

I wanna go grunts. I pick my MOS in October and ship out next June. Do infantry slots fill up quick? or Will I be able to pull one in October? I scored a 121 GT. Also any tips on preparation for the grunts?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrey View Post
    I wanna go grunts. I pick my MOS in October and ship out next June. Do infantry slots fill up quick? or Will I be able to pull one in October? I scored a 121 GT. Also any tips on preparation for the grunts?
    Infantry slots fill up very fast. Whether you can get one is another matter. You need to work with your recruiter on that.

Prep for grunts? Prep for boot camp and get the Title. The rest will come in time.

Not sure about enlistment boat spaces, but reenlistment boat spaces have often been scarce the past few years. Take Zulu's advice and get with your recruiter. If there aren't any boat spaces for 03XX, take the next best thing, any MOS as long as you can become a United States Marine.

Numbers are being cut in the USMC including in the infantry. At the same time most 03's do 4 yrs and get out. If the recruiter says there is no spots, just wait. It'll open up. If you are hell bent on being an 03xx then it'll be worth the wait. Don't pick some random MOS that you may not like doing just for the sake of being a Marine alone. There are different MOS's within the corps. Don't get sweet talked into another MOS you may not like or don't know about. It's your career, not the Marine Corps'. That's reality.

yes slots fill up quick but i've always heard they open everything up again the start of a new fiscal year so October is a good time to try an enlist. Although, if you didnt sign an 03xx contract yet then you cant be sure your going to leave in June. Alot of guys right now are waiting for months before they can ship out.

Usually those and the Recon contracts go fast since everybody thinks its the way to go or not even join at all.

I got a MOS I thought I'd regret getting.....came to find out that I love my job. Explore your career paths because they can also lead to great civilian job career choices.

03 contracts go quick but yes, they get a new quota that they need to fill starting October 1st, that's how I got my contract. Honestly in order to prepare... you need to get into the best shape possible for your to obtain in the amount of time you're given before your ship date. I'm an 0331 and honestly wouldn't suggest signing to do infantry unless it's 100% what you want to do. Lots of hard pt, humps, field ops, etc. It's all worth it when it's over with but it sucks while you're doing it. Just make sure it's what you want to do, a few of my friends are hating themselves for making the choice they made to enlist in the infantry.

Thread Information