Question about re-enlisting after medically discharged
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member Bradyc32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Question about re-enlisting after medically discharged

I am currently working with my recruiter on this, but it's run into some obstacles. I was discharged from the Marines for a condition called Morphea. which really is almost nothing. (It is in a scarring phase now) but the problem is, the doctors at boot camp thought it might have been a form of Scleroderma, which definitely is disqualifying. If i can get a statement from 2 doctors saying that Morphea is not a disability, not contagious, and not scleroderma (all of those statements are true) would i have a shot at re-enlisting? Being a Marine is all i've ever wanted since I was 3, and I want to be able to fight for my country. I know the Marines will make me into the man, the warrior, the Marine I've always wanted to be. I just really need some help with this.

Thanks Marines.

Ask a Marine forum rules..NO PROFILE NO ANSWERS!!! READ BEFORE POSTING..MARINES TOO!
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...NG-MARINES-TOO!

There are no doctors frequenting this website. If you have a medical question that hasn’t already been answered by searching the forums, you’ll have to contact a recruiting office. If they cannot answer your question, you may be directed to a medical representative from MEPS.

Again, read that one carefully. We are Marines (and a few Corpsman). We are not doctors. Medical questions will usually be answered by someone cutting and pasting a section from the about.com website. We cannot explain why your waiver was denied and someone elses was granted. Sorry but that's the way THAT is, too.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    Ask a Marine forum rules..NO PROFILE NO ANSWERS!!! READ BEFORE POSTING..MARINES TOO!
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?103170-Ask-a-Marine-forum-rules-NO-PROFILE-NO-ANSWERS!!!-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-MARINES-TOO!

There are no doctors frequenting this website. If you have a medical question that hasn’t already been answered by searching the forums, you’ll have to contact a recruiting office. If they cannot answer your question, you may be directed to a medical representative from MEPS.

Again, read that one carefully. We are Marines (and a few Corpsman). We are not doctors. Medical questions will usually be answered by someone cutting and pasting a section from the about.com website. We cannot explain why your waiver was denied and someone elses was granted. Sorry but that's the way THAT is, too.
    Understood.

Maybe a "google" search may have helped..... "Morphea is a medical term for localized scleroderma"

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1065782-overview

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Maybe a "google" search may have helped..... "Morphea is a medical term for localized scleroderma"

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1065782-overview
    Oh, well biopsies from 2 different doctors showed that my condition was not a form of scleroderma.

If you are trying this hard and have already been medsep or denied I'd move on honestly. The effort is admirable but with them thinking of cutting deeper and even possibly canceling contracts this is only going to make it harder to join. But good on you if you want to continue trying can't complain too much about that but can't lie to you.

We will not be able to help you with this one...sorry. Maybe, your recruiter can get something done with the docs at MEPS. Good luck.

Continue to push on man until you know that MEPS will not let you pass. If you cant become a Marine join another branch because doing anytime in the service is greatly appreciated by many including myself.

Thread Information