Good afternoon everyone. Quick question please?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question Good afternoon everyone. Quick question please?

Hello all,

I have been around on this website for years I just never had a reason to post until now. I was looking around for a place where this topic was answered but my search came up short, so I figured you all may be able to help. First I just wanted to say I am aware of my flaws and am trying my hardest every day to get into the standards set by our military. You see, I am an Army Veteran Infantryman and here is my situation.

I am a big guy, I PT my heart out every day and I was in better shape than 3/4 of my platoon. I know this doesnt change the fact that I am still too big but I am working to fix the problem with diet and exercise vigorously. So in the Army, every couple of years each brigade is allowed to do a event called the Expert Infantryman's Badge(one of the Army's many trinket's for their uniforms haha.) and it is a rigorous train up and then test phase where if 600 people started the event on monday morning, 17 were left standing myself included.

In order to be eligable to go out for this achievment I put on a trash bag and a running suit and stayed all night in the gym running my heart out. I lost about 12lbs of water weight that evening and the next morning I weighed in and passed the test so I was able to go out for the event. Anyways, to make this tremendously long story short heres my problem. My platoon sergeant spit on my car and I didnt handle it the way I should have which was go through my NCO channel. Since I didnt do this he became hell bent on making my life miserable. and he succeeded quite regularly.

About 2 weeks go by, after I get the award and he decides he would like to weigh and tape me again, well all of the water weight returned to my body and I was only 8lbs heavier which is still alot better than where I was at a few weeks ago. I failed. There is a regulation saying that if for any reason you come off of the overweight program and then go back onto it within a 12-month period, you should be seperated from the Army. Which is exactly what happened.

My DD-214 v.4 says that I have an RE code of 3 and that I got out with an HONORABLE discharge. which is all fine and dandy but I miss the military alot even from being a civilian for a little under 3 months. I was just wondering if I would ever be able to join the Military again, and more specifically the Marine Corps. I do not want to join until I am physically ready to be with you all but I just wanted to hear the god's honest truth. I've called a few recruiters and I get Yes's and No's from each hone and was just wondering if anybody had any insight on this topic. Anything would be great.

Thank you very much

-Bearcub.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If you have been around for years then you should know that you need to fill out your profile with more than just a name!
    THREAD CLOSED until profile is completed.
    PM any Squad Leader to reopen when profile is filled out completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcub View Post
    My DD-214 v.4 says that I have an RE code of 3 and that I got out with an HONORABLE discharge.
    Welcome to the site, even if it's only the first time you have posted - and thank you for your service.

Based on the above, an RE code of 3 - and the fact that they are scrutinizing everything a little harder -- I would think it's going to be tough for you to get into the Marine Corps.

Good for you for wanting to.

Good luck

Last edited by thewookie; 06-04-12 at 02:07 PM. Reason: deleted until profile filled out

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Profile filled out.
    THREAD REOPENED.

Thread Information